SW Group logistics Swindon

Hi guys, I’m going to see the transport manager tomorrow about a class 1 day job and wondered if anyone had any knowledge of them, eg pay, conditions, hours and is it weekly or monthly pay.

Many thanks

works out around just over £27,000 per annum,no overtime,long hours,multi drop up to 12 drops per day,you have to get into some tight places,and the multi drop is not close to each other a lot of the time, sometimes between 10 to 20 miles apart,get yourself a bloody good sat nav,you will need it,they lost 3 drivers last week because they had enough,also no sick pay,they have POA days they call rest days but you have to be on call in case somebody don’t turn in,they are slowly getting decent motors though,14 and 15 plate and new trailers,but if you don’t mind nights TNT are looking for class1 in Swindon,better hours, home at reasonable times,and same pay as SW,employing through a subcontracter,hope this helps,[forgot to say pay is every two weeks at SW and works out around just over £800 per two weeks]

Thanks for the advice mate, gotta be honest I’m looking to come off nights. It really doesn’t suit me.

fair enough on the nights I can understand that,but with SW all you can do is try it and make your own mind up,best way

Chunkzilla:
Hi guys, I’m going to see the transport manager tomorrow about a class 1 day job and wondered if anyone had any knowledge of them, eg pay, conditions, hours and is it weekly or monthly pay.

Many thanks

Who is the “transport manager” there nowadays?
Go upstairs,Wendy will tell you how it is.

Suedehead:

Chunkzilla:

Many thanks

Who is the “transport manager” there nowadays?
Go upstairs,Wendy will tell you how it is.

that’s true

evening chunkzilla,any joy with SW,did you take the job

truckman020:
evening chunkzilla,any joy with SW,did you take the job

Was thinking the very same.
Used to work for them,left in late 2000.
Would be interesting too find out if the job is still any good?
Mind you,it was Sw TRANSPORT back then.
Is Sapper still there?

Sapper is still there, see him daily up in Telford

Casper1877:
Sapper is still there, see him daily up in Telford

Sapper must be one of the last original drivers on the firm.
Is Charlie Patterson still based in Telford ?

I don’t think so as I’ve never heard of him