Any company recruiting?

anyone know of half decent companies recreuting at the moment■■? I know its a longshot after xmas,but my current job is not looking too secure…

you`ve probably hit the job market at the worst time of year. In the next few weeks as you probably know, things will start to go quiet.
A little more info on the specific types of work your looking for might help the good folks of TNuk point you in the right direction

Mate, im up for anything if the £££££££ is ok. Have had my class 1 for 12yrs, done most types of work,but mostly fridges.No europ exp, yet i do fancy giving it a go.

N WALES TRUCKER:
No europ exp, yet i do fancy giving it a go.

I think that would probably be the hardest type of work to find at the moment, go out on a Dover ferry nowadays and there will probably be no more than half a dozen Brits on the boat, all the rest will be eastern European, but running loads to Spain, Italy etc and earning £1000 a month if they are lucky.

Are you in N wales?

Why don’t you drop a cv into some local firms and see what turns up?

Or better still just call in on the off chance and see if they have any vacancies usually about 8am

I’m in north wales and it has been a very bleak 18 months on the job front. Be interested to know who your on with now :question: I live in Rhyl and have had to travel MUCH further afield to find what I hope is the right job for me!

yeah me too i have to travel 52 mile round trip to work

BTW i used to live in Rhyl :grimacing:

234 mile round trip for me :wink: boss helps with the travel costs though.

I take it your away all week then lol,must be worth the travel then.

4 night shifts a week tramping. its not great but keeps the wolves from the door!

work and live in caernarfon,away on a sun afternoon,back on a fri night. go out in a small van every other sun to keep my drv hrs down!!! All handball, work over 70hrs regular, the moneys ok,but my bodys [zb].

N WALES TRUCKER:
away on a sun afternoon,back on a fri night. go out in a small van every other sun to keep my drv hrs down!!!

Strictly speaking, I don’t think that’s legal :wink:

That’s not good pal,who you on for if you don’t mind me asking …are you obliged to work those hours?

Isn’t there a couple of firms around your way Owens Transport,Delsol and dont Keedwells run out of Kruger Tissue in Penygroes? What about Gwynedd Shipping in Holyhead just a thought.

was with ken thomas b4 keedwell took over and that was great. soon as RTK took over lost out on a lot of money per week, Gwynedd not paying 2 clever either. This is on my doorstep but the hours are starting 2 get to me!!! I aint scared of working for my money, but this is starting 2 get too much 4 me.

cons77 ive pm d you mate

Nolans, breen, derry morgan, gwyned shipping, virgina.

Harry Monk:

N WALES TRUCKER:
away on a sun afternoon,back on a fri night. go out in a small van every other sun to keep my drv hrs down!!!

you have to do what you have to do nowadays to keep a job cos there’s a line of others waiting to jump in the seat.

jessicas dad:

Harry Monk:

N WALES TRUCKER:

you have to do what you have to do nowadays to keep a job cos there’s a line of others waiting to jump in the seat.

I’m sure, but there has to be something wrong with a situation where there are hordes of drivers out of work, but the ones who are in work are having to do 80+ hour weeks.