Elite/Southampton

Anyone had any dealings with this container firm recently? I did an assessment/theory test 5 months ago which entailed a gruelling circuit of Ealing Wharfe culminating in a rigorous reverse exercise involving a shunt between two perilous mounds of rubble,Then followed a fairly basic wrestle with some theory stuff,which i found staighttforward enough,only to receive a letter informing me i had failed to secure a job with them several days later.
is this a company worth working for i’d dearly like to know?although I can probably guess.Are they perhaps,like their namesake,a supremely elite company that only engages the finest talents in the land? or would it be fair to say they are just another tin pot outfit,staffed by morons and corporate drones as seems to be the case in this fair island of late?

I don’t mind failing with some jobs but not those that won’t even have the decency to give a reason and explanation as to why I didn’t cut the colemans so I at least learn from my mistakes,but no,too much to ask.15 years of hgv experience,including 4 of them on Euro-fridges and a clean licence doesn’t cut it with these guys.

Final straw for me pilgrims,haulage industries loss will be taxi business’s gain.Over and indeed.out.

■■■■■ uk is yer man , he’s been driving for them a few months now , outta Birmingham . :wink: :wink:

spitfire69:
I did an assessment/theory test 5 months ago which entailed a gruelling circuit of Ealing Wharfe culminating in a rigorous reverse exercise involving a shunt between two perilous mounds of rubble.

wording it like that seems to me that you effed it up then :confused:

Can’t comment on your assessment as mine was but i know that mine wasn’t too strenuous.

Definitely not a “tin pot” company, they run decent trucks that are well equipped (TV, DVD, Freeview, Fridge/Freezer, Microwave, and in Southampton, coffee makers)…all defects are promptly sorted and no tolerance for anything illegal. No pressure to run bent from the planners, although they may have some very strange ideas of what is possible in a day…once you explain to them that it can’t be done they sort of grudgingly accept it. Pretty much the same as most planners i would expect.

Money isn’t brilliant, but we have just been told that were are getting back the 10% we gave up last year plus an increase in OT rates.

If i am getting 3+ nights out a week i am generally content…if i am on local’s i absolutely detest the place and can’t wait to get out!!

I would suspect that they are no worse, or better, than many firms about.

DonutUK:
Can’t comment on your assessment as mine was but i know that mine wasn’t too strenuous.

Definitely not a “tin pot” company, they run decent trucks that are well equipped (TV, DVD, Freeview, Fridge/Freezer, Microwave, and in Southampton, coffee makers)…all defects are promptly sorted and no tolerance for anything illegal. No pressure to run bent from the planners, although they may have some very strange ideas of what is possible in a day…once you explain to them that it can’t be done they sort of grudgingly accept it. Pretty much the same as most planners i would expect.

Money isn’t brilliant, but we have just been told that were are getting back the 10% we gave up last year plus an increase in OT rates.

If i am getting 3+ nights out a week i am generally content…if i am on local’s i absolutely detest the place and can’t wait to get out!!

I would suspect that they are no worse, or better, than many firms about.

I can agree with that, Ihave worked for them for about two years now

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i tell you spitfire that this has been grating on you for 5 months :unamused: that you suddenly have to post it now.

maybe the fella on the assessment after you had 20 years experiance and 5 years on euro fridges or maybe your face didnt fit.

:unamused:

jessicas dad:
:? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i tell you spitfire that this has been grating on you for 5 months :unamused: that you suddenly have to post it now.

maybe the fella on the assessment after you had 20 years experiance and 5 years on euro fridges or maybe your face didnt fit.

:unamused:

maybe the letter got lost in the post :question: :question: you know how lazy these glorified paper boys are like!!!