containerlift

Anyone know about Southampton based Containerlift?.Heard they employ lots of foreign drivers and use Iveco low tops.but they’re always advertising…even in this recession :confused:

Big Mac on here used to drive for them I think but I haven’t seen him for a while. I know they used to have some FM’s but I mostly see FH’s recently. Might be worth a PM to him?

my sort of uncle is a boss i think or he has something to do with container lift in soton as he re-located there, as far as i know they have a few lads from liverpool driving for them as 1 lad i know billy parks his truck in kirby, they are all volvo fh 12/13’s the 1’s av seen like, and looks all good tackle, not too sure on pay or anything like,

spitfire69:
Anyone know about Southampton based Containerlift?.Heard they employ lots of foreign drivers and use Iveco low tops.but they’re always advertising…even in this recession :confused:

i was offered a job with them in march 09 in tilbury . (Wait for it) :angry: £68.00 per day i said no thanks pal :angry: your having a laugh

know a couple of people who work for them out of Southampton and know a couple of people who left to go to Elite.
i personally wouldn’t go there if they were the only company taking on in Southampton…and im not fussy with what i do etc,but the way they have been treated is absolutely disgusting!!!
im obviously not allowed to slander the company in anyway as i dont have written proof to post it on here…but to be honest in MY opinion im surprsed they are still going…they cut the drivers wages last year to 360 basic which im pretty sure was 450 before for 55 hrs…i.e 11 hrs a day and then you were on overtime…they scrapped overtime payments,so basically if your doing 15hr days everyday your still only gonna get 360 pound :wink: …nights out are getting rarer too which obviously you get paid for and you get a certain percentage of vehicle earnings over a set amount i.e 2500…which is fairly dubious and easy to fiddle by the company so you get ■■■■ all :wink: :wink:

they use Volvo FH’s with fridge and microwave in em and they have a few M.A.Ns which run on OOCL contract with the same fridge,micro etc…there are other things but like i’ve said i have no physical proof so it could be construed as “hearsay” :wink:

personally though i wouldn’t touch em with a ■■■■■■ stick!!!

they were actually laying off drivers a few weeks ago and from what i can gather they are taking on on a 3 month contract. :wink: (make of that what you will)…the work they are advertising is for the basic container work,NOT on the lifters!!!(as in pictures above) :wink: …they even layed off a load of lifter drivers a while back mainly out of Tilbury.

Strewth!..hideous even by todays standards.One to avoid for sure and of course with them using so many East european drivers who even if earning half of what it takes to survive in this ■■■■■■■■ of a country,would still be earning more than they would back home mithinks; leaving hard school uk drivers up a certain creek without a certain instrument.I know for sure the OOCL work is as bad as it gets…need to lye down.

spitfire69:
Strewth!..hideous even by todays standards.One to avoid for sure and of course with them using so many East european drivers who even if earning half of what it takes to survive in this [zb] of a country,would still be earning more than they would back home mithinks; leaving hard school uk drivers up a certain creek without a certain instrument.I know for sure the OOCL work is as bad as it gets…need to lye down.

a couple of years back the OOCL contract was the one to be on…i knew a few people that went to containerlift and they were on a good screw…the money was pretty good and they were getting 4/5 nights out a week and loads of overtime.
OOCL share there work out to a few companies though,i know Elite have got a load on there and so have Boarhunt and im pretty sure that Containerlift get the leftovers.
like all the shipping lines they are cutting costs as they are all losing millions of dollars cause the volumes just aren’t there at the moment and i think its gonna be quite some time before we get anywhere near to the cream that it was 4/5 years ago. :cry:

Further to that enquiry containerlift def one to avoid big time.Just learned that all the volvos have been replaced with low top Ivecos,arguably the worlds biggest heap of ■■■■■ on wheels…but LOW TOPS!! THATS pushing the envelope for nights out.This firm ■■■■■ a big one and should fail.

Hmm, Containerlift…

Warning, warning!

As mentioned above, they used to have volvo fm’s, but their pay was absolutely dire. Although southampton/portsmouth has always been an area of ■■■■ take wages, tesco’s used to pay an laughable £7.15 an hour and that was only a couple of years ago.