Dutch - German border (Bank Holiday) video!

Dutch A1 - German Border - All trucks parked up due the Germany bank holiday at Dutch motorway!

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn5I3StucKk

Looks like some drivers are not aware of bank holiday driving ban!!! most of them are eastern blocs lorries :unamused:

Interesting video!

Its a stupid law imagin that over here
Yeah ok

" sorry boss i gotta park up see you next week Iā€™m in a que to get into wales "

Hehe, yeah, and that is a very busy stretch. The earth will shake round there at 10pm that night when the ban endsā€¦

i think i spotted a brit near the back or maybe my eyes are playing tricks!!!

also there was an old murfitts trailer in there still with the livery on it!

The bright side of that is with a decent stereo you would just be able to pick up BFBS to pass away the hours.

p.s. Do they still have Family Favorites on a Sunday morningā– ā– ? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Me personally would have been in the cafe at Frans op den Zoom.

euromat:

Ainsworth and Martin Euroliner 3 from the back

sod sitting in a queue there,
if i didnā€™t have enough time to get to bad bentheim, iā€™d have stopped at oldenzaal, could never understand why people queue on the motorway like that

I canā€™t understand why the Van Den Bosch and De Meulemeester trucks are parked in the queue when they can still run with food products.

Maybe that was an urban myth that I stuck religiously to :stuck_out_tongue: I managed to convince the BAG that I was correct several times. :wink:

Wheel Nut:
I canā€™t understand why the Van Den Bosch and De Meulemeester trucks are parked in the queue when they can still run with food products.

Maybe that was an urban myth that I stuck religiously to :stuck_out_tongue: I managed to convince the BAG that I was correct several times. :wink:

It depends whether or not the food products are perishable or not.

Betz:
Looks like some drivers are not aware of bank holiday driving ban!!! most of them are eastern blocs lorries :unamused:

How did you work out this bit? Iā€™d love to knowā€¦ :unamused:

The reason for all the trucks to park on hard shoulders is: lack of parking spaces at ā€œtruckstopsā€.
De Lutte is the last Dutch village, motorway exit, then thereā€™s the former border crossing with some parking facilities - very few in the westbound direction (NL out), some more in the opposite direction) and thereā€™s the Bentheimer Wald, MSA just off the A30 on the German side. And then thereā€™s Tecklenburger or something like that, just before Osnabruck, some 40km further into the Germanyā€¦ There might be one more actually, at Rheine, about halfway to Osnabruckā€¦iirw

But it happens quite often that drivers arrive to a calculated spot to have their break/rest and realize thereā€™s no space left so the only thing to do to stay legal in terms of working hours and driving bans is to park ilegally on slipway or hard shoulder. Itā€™s then good idea to leave lights on and pray for no one would ram into you.

HomoFaber:

Betz:

How did you work out this bit? Iā€™d love to knowā€¦ :unamused:

The reason for all the trucks to park on hard shoulders is: lack of parking spaces at ā€œtruckstopsā€.
De Lutte is the last Dutch village, motorway exit, then thereā€™s the former border crossing with some parking facilities - very few in the westbound direction (NL out), some more in the opposite direction) and thereā€™s the Bentheimer Wald, MSA just off the A30 on the German side. And then thereā€™s Tecklenburger or something like that, just before Osnabruck, some 40km further into the Germanyā€¦ There might be one more actually, at Rheine, about halfway to Osnabruckā€¦iirw

But it happens quite often that drivers arrive to a calculated spot to have their break/rest and realize thereā€™s no space left so the only thing to do to stay legal in terms of working hours and driving bans is to park ilegally on slipway or hard shoulder. Itā€™s then good idea to leave lights on and pray for no one would ram into you.

As many Autohofs now charge for parking, a small amount considering which is refunded with a meal, the easties tend to self cater on the border. As mentioned, we only carried cream or chocolate so I never stopped for these pesky bans. In fact the last time I tipped in germany on a public holiday was in Lubeck and I ran back to Hamburg for the holiday and some R&R :wink:

Gunner Til I Die:

euromat:

Ainsworth and Martin Euroliner 3 from the back

that was the one, but another closer look seems to have a white number plate on the rear of the unit? first letters of the company are aut i think?

i need to get out more or go to bed!