Xmas Euro Drivers Away

So Gents,

Is any of you Euro drivers away working within xmas or leaving the trucks and flying home?
Cheers Welly

Just arrived back from Malmo but did see a couple of UK trucks heading up past Jabbeke last night.

leave on sunday looks like new years eve in Germany and thanks to someone very helpful on here parking sorted and was even kind enough to send me the local underground timetable so I can see the new year in

I got finished around 3 pm today having come in from Metz. Passed one of our lads going opposite way in dover . There was an owner driver from Chesterfield queing to get on the Canterbury as I came off . Never really seen so many Brits on the boat at the same time … Haven’t seen a great deal of Brits all week out on the roads.

Those of us who finished our runs on time finished on Thursday, several had later finishes on Friday. But we’re all on holiday till Sunday the 4th of Jan.

Don’t forget, 6th Jan is 12th night which is a holiday in parts of Germany, possibly all parts.

Yep.
I’m currently stopped for a coffee on my way down from Calais to Macon to do a trailer swap with another of our drivers later this afternoon. There’s at least 4 of us out working over Christmas that I’m aware of. It’s just an accepted part of the job where I work.

Thought Dover was shut today certainly My Ferry DFDS and P&O are showing no sailings on their websites or was there changes?

The ferries don’t run on Christmas day but the tunnel runs a reduced service.

Simon:
Don’t forget, 6th Jan is 12th night which is a holiday in parts of Germany, possibly all parts.

Public holiday in Bayern, Baden Württemberg and Sachsen Anhalt. However, no truck driving bans.

Inselaffe:

Simon:

Public holiday in Bayern, Baden Württemberg and Sachsen Anhalt. However, no truck driving bans.

No ban? On a public holiday? :open_mouth: :sunglasses:
Still won’t get loaded but at least I can park close by, ready for a first thing loading if I need to :smiley:

Simon:

So sayeth The Man: schnelle-online.info/LKW-Fah … -2015.html

Inselaffe:

Simon:

So sayeth The Man: schnelle-online.info/LKW-Fah … -2015.html

I didn’t doubt you, I was surprised, that’s all :smiley: