Dutch bulker work

Been offered a job working on food tankers across Europe for a few months.Anyone got info on this type of work?I cling to the hope that the dutch are still a progressive,tolerant and fair minded country as opposed to the weasely,corporate arrogant culture that blighty has now become.Any info greatly received.

is this anything to do with abbey tanks?

No not them.Jesus not them.Did one day with the chocolate tankers up in Liverpool.not my scene at all-hairnets,50 different procedures involved in coaxin chocolate from the tanker,stench of dairy ever present in the cab,wasp attacks when opening tank valves and management who resemble the cast of goodfellas…lifes too short etc.

i’ll tell you why i asked anyway.

my mate works for them.
they were sent out with:
no log book, no mot certificate, no insurance, no euro fuel card. no attsestation form (they are 4 on, 4 off). they just set off.

[zb] it was a funny conversation. some parked up for 24 hours, and some fined for not paying the benelux tax.
eeeeeeeer, but we run legal. :laughing:

so i’ve given my mate a crash course in euro rules and regs.
i don’t think he’ll end up going, i got carried away, he now thinks it’s like the wild west. :laughing:

Wheel Nut is yer man for this one… :wink:

**crackle** Would Mr W Nut please report to the PDF... **crackle**... :grimacing:

back to the origional thread.

as long as you get your tax, i think they prety much leave you alone. don’t get your tax, and it’s keeeeeerching.

There are still one or two decent Dutch companies around, but all will need a kilogram of vlees :laughing:

Is it tank work or bulk tippers

dieseldave:
Wheel Nut is yer man for this one… :wink:

**crackle** Would Mr W Nut please report to the PDF... **crackle**... :grimacing:

Sorry it took so long. A silly joke is winging its way to your inbox Dave :laughing:

Yep mr nutt its tippers,apparently you do a week on France/Germany and your’e flown back for a week off.Not actually got job but had long talk with their office.

spitfire69:
Yep mr nutt its tippers,apparently you do a week on France/Germany and your’e flown back for a week off.Not actually got job but had long talk with their office.

Sounds a bit too good to be true. use PM if you want any more help