New Job

Hi all, started a new job this week, 1/5/11, arrived Oss Netherland on Sunday,6pm, after introductions and signing permit to work, handed the keys and a slip of paper with delivery address, for Mon 7.00am tip. Talk about chucked in at the deep end. Did the tip, then Rotterdam to load 125 drums of frozen concentrated orange juice from Florida, del to Germany, a canning and bottling plant near Dusseldorf.
The week got better, it was mostly loads of empty cans and lids to other canning places, averaged two tips and a reload per day, not a lot of driving time, mostly waiting to load and unload. Did a 68 hr week, total of 33 hrs driving, the rest loading and waiting. Got back to yard after tipping Sat morning in south of Holland.
I forgot the camera, but will remember it next trip. By the way, veh is Mercedes Actros, not new, but hasidge as standard, BN-ZL-09, Drawbar outfit, doors open to enable load through, took a bti of getting used to after 35 years in an Artic. The work is all over Belgium,France, Holland and Germany, finished every weekend, occasional Saturdays, but at Yard at weekend, showers, toilets and free coffee machine there, not a far walk into town for a beer.Going home next week for 10 days then back for three weeks at a time and 1 off.

Sapper

Given your other postings you’ll forgive me if I take this with a pinch of salt for the moment? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Why, don’t you believe me, in another post from me regards the lack of reversing skills, you said I had a history of these posts, please, enlighten me, I don’t really care if you believe me or not, oh, and if anyone needs a job, the guy I work for (Agency) could do with about 10 drivers, for either daily work out of Fenstanton, tramping UK or tramping in Holland like I am doing at the moment, for holiday cover, which could mean two or three weeks at a time in each truck. For some reason I cannot access my e-mail account , so if you are interested, it is no use pm me, as I am not receiving topic notifications.
Sapper

What happened to the dairy job out of Fenstanton?? Thought you had it made, a good wage,company car as well as accomodation provided or something similar■■?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The flat and the car were costing 150.00 a week, out here, I have no expenses apart from food, it’s for the same agency, and my first week is 650 euro’s, after taxes,that’s enough reason to move.

Sapper

sapper:
Why, don’t you believe me, in another post from me regards the lack of reversing skills, you said I had a history of these posts, please, enlighten me,

Well you have a history of fanciful posts including claiming your account had been hacked and some of the ■■■■■■■■ wasn’t of your doing. The problem was they must have stolen your dongle as well as the IP addresses were the same.

Whatever takes your fancy, coffeeholic, history of fanciful post’s, a whole 40 odd!, wow!

Sapper

Pm, ME, with the details if you can, i am defo interested, i`m a bit short of work at the mo, ta.

47 posts sapper lol