DSA overcharged for saturday tests

Don’t know if this has been posted, had a quick search but saw nothing, if you took a saturday test after 1/11/05 then they owe you money, :smiley: i don’t think you have to do anything as they will contact you, heres the linky
http://www.dsa.gov.uk/PressRelease.asp?id=SXB20A-A782E955

£18 refund for a saturday LGV test taken during the specified time frame - info from phone call I just made to them :slight_smile:

there will be alot of people who don’t get to hear about this so i hope they do exactly as they say and send everyone a letter, they owe me £54 pounds then,
bstds! :laughing:

Christ, when did the test fee’s go up?

Greedy ■■■■■■■, there’s an extra 16 quid for the lerners to fork out :imp:

Bonus :smiley:

Got my letter today, along with a claim form and prepaid envelope to post it back.

Confused though. The address the letter says to send the claim form to and the address on the envelope are different… :confused:

i had a phone call off the dsa today, they say any refunds that are due will be payed to the person/company that booked the tests, i find this scandelous to be honest. All the training schools up and down the country will be getting a big fat cheque off the dsa for all the saturday tests they have booked, i will be ringing mine tomorrow as i can’t see them contacting me in a hurry! I urge anyone who has put a claim in for a refund to contact there training schools. If you have yet to make a claim do it asap as i think they might be closing the claim telephone line soon.

thebutty:
i had a phone call off the dsa today, they say any refunds that are due will be payed to the person/company that booked the tests, i find this scandelous to be honest. All the training schools up and down the country will be getting a big fat cheque off the dsa for all the saturday tests they have booked, i will be ringing mine tomorrow as i can’t see them contacting me in a hurry! I urge anyone who has put a claim in for a refund to contact there training schools. If you have yet to make a claim do it asap as i think they might be closing the claim telephone line soon.

I thought that the refund could only be paid to the person who’s test the name is in - the trainee :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :question:

So, I took my C+E this april, on a saturday, does this mean 20 quid is mine for the claiming? Or did I get something wrong in my reading of the page?

ROG:

thebutty:

I thought that the refund could only be paid to the person who’s test the name is in - the trainee :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :question:

The trainee pays the driving school who in turn pay the DSA, so legally I’d say the DSA are correct as far as a ‘contract’ is concerned.

it sure does, it may be £18 though, give the dsa a ring on (0191) 201 4098, this number goes straight through to the claims dept. :smiley:

mrpj:

ROG:

thebutty:

The trainee pays the driving school who in turn pay the DSA, so legally I’d say the DSA are correct as far as a ‘contract’ is concerned.

I think you may find that the training school paid it ‘on your behalf’ so legally - you paid it - I fairly sure I’m correct on this

this is from there faq’s

I am a trainer booker. Who will be sent the cheque?

Under the Trainer Booking Facility, DSA’s agreement is with the trainer rather than the candidate. Therefore, refunds will be made direct to the trainer. Where the trainer has passed on the cost of the test to the candidate, DSA would expect the trainer to make reasonable efforts to forward the refund to them.

I paid my trainer booker for my test. How do I get a refund?

Refunds have been made direct to trainer bookers. You will need to contact your trainer direct to arrange for any refund due.

I am a trainer booker. Will I receive a separate payment for each test booked?

No, DSA will calculate the amount to be refunded and send one cheque.

thebutty:
this is from there faq’s

I am a trainer booker. Who will be sent the cheque?

Under the Trainer Booking Facility, DSA’s agreement is with the trainer rather than the candidate. Therefore, refunds will be made direct to the trainer. Where the trainer has passed on the cost of the test to the candidate, DSA would expect the trainer to make reasonable efforts to forward the refund to them.

I paid my trainer booker for my test. How do I get a refund?

Refunds have been made direct to trainer bookers. You will need to contact your trainer direct to arrange for any refund due.

I am a trainer booker. Will I receive a separate payment for each test booked?

No, DSA will calculate the amount to be refunded and send one cheque.

Crafty so and so DSA - they changed the remit from what they first stated when I called them a while ago when this first came to light - I stand corrected as to the current stance :smiley:

i just can’t see all the training schools refunding everyone they have booked a saturday test for, the cheque that drops through their letter box could be for £1000’s, its all wrong you know as it isn’t there money, :angry: