Cancelled LGV DSA tests today - STRIKE

We had 2 tests cancelled today due the strike but we had to turn up on time to gain compensation.
Anyone else got cancelled :question: :question:

Out of interest - does DSA pay for the lorry + instructor for the new test?

madtrucker:
Out of interest - does DSA pay for the lorry + instructor for the new test?

Yes and lost wages + candidates fuel etc - form says ANY out of pocket expenses

It’s still really unfair on the learner. I remember being nervous enough before my tests without this hassle. You’ve also got the problem of having a large gap in training while waiting for a new test date. It just allows time for people to forget all of the good driving habbits you’ve drilled into them. Not sure many people could afford to take extra refresher lessons.

madtrucker:
It’s still really unfair on the learner. I remember being nervous enough before my tests without this hassle. You’ve also got the problem of having a large gap in training while waiting for a new test date. It just allows time for people to forget all of the good driving habbits you’ve drilled into them. Not sure many people could afford to take extra refresher lessons.

I would claim the extra lessons as out of pocket expenses on the form.

Cheers

NB

The DTC at Southampton (Maybush) today was conducting Motorcycle Tests without any problem, that’s all I know with my local area.

It seems to be pot-luck with which examiners do and do not turn up - not all are members of the PCS union.

Richard
:slight_smile:

We were lucky. Some of the examiners where on strike but the one that was down to take our test out wasn’t so our test went out.
It is very unfair on the trainees as they are all worked up for the test at the end of the course and if the test is cancelled they obviously go ‘cold’ when waiting for the next one.
Also the DSA allocate you another test regardless of whether the truck is available or not so thats another hassle.
One school I know where allocated a test on the last strike and the truck was already booked on test that day so either the trainee had to cancel or take his test on a strange truck.
Not fair all round.
As for the compensation… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Only the trainee can claim that back not the driving school so its money in limbo all round once again. Also I have heard varying tales of what has been claimed and what has not - but the general bottom line is that they do cut it down to the bone so nobody comes out ahead with it and is lucky to break even.