DSA Strike! [Merged]

Evening all,

So today was test day at Kingswood Bristol, and guess what it was cancelled due to a DSA strike! Fuming! So I have Printed off a personal claims form and will be submitting that in soon as. Now I’m expecting that my training company will offered me that time back as its no fault of my own.

Has anyone else experienced this? Advise from any one that has or has knowledge around it would be great.

Thanks

So it’s the fault of the training company?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

It’s not your training companies fault, it’s the DSA examiners that went on strike. In your claim you should include the cost of the test that your training company will charge you for your retest; eg vehicle usage and fuel etc

Not sure if I read it right but seems to be saying:

1. if bad weather the best you will get is another retest.

2. if your fault, illness or problem with vehicle or maybe you are stuck in traffic and don’t make it on time. Nothing. Not sure what training school would do in the case of vehicle problem.

3. if they cancel it at short notice such as a strike they seem to be saying that you can get retest and maybe the cost of using trainers vehicle but not any extra lessons prior to retest. Plus half a days pay if you were on unpaid leave to take the test.

I suppose there could be a few other novel situations. Stuck in traffic on the test. Not sure on that one. Has it happened to anyone? Examiner has a medical problem or an emergency. I presume 3 above.

I’m sure you can think of more examples. Not silly ones though please. Unless you want to. :smiley:

Eds9332:
Evening all,

So today was test day at Kingswood Bristol, and guess what it was cancelled due to a DSA strike! Fuming! So I have Printed off a personal claims form and will be submitting that in soon as. Now I’m expecting that my training company will offered me that time back as its no fault of my own.

Has anyone else experienced this? Advise from any one that has or has knowledge around it would be great.

Thanks

Why would the training company offer you the time back?not their fault …

Do you keep duplicating the thread in the hope you will get a response you want to hear?!

I had a pupil have his car test cancelled because the examiner got stuck in traffic on the preceding test. He was at school so no lost earnings but did get the 2 hrs he paid me refunded. So I’d imagine it works the same way.

which training company are you using

Apologies for the duplicate posts they were a mistake, thanks admin for merging the thread. This was a re test that I did, I was charged 1 day usage of the vehicle and the price of the test.

I have a personal claim form that I can fill out so hopefully can recover the cost back

The training company I used is LGS in Frome, a very good training company too.

See number 3 in my post above. That looks like the best you are going to get.