Driving without digicard

Having finally got the digital tacho fitted and calibrated i found out my card is faulty… Sent it back to dvla, reported the fault and copied the form + the front of the card incase I get stopped… I am aware I can drive for 15 days while im waiting for replacement but what print outs do I need at start and end of driving? Anything else I need to do?

Simply do a printout of your previous shift before you start and then at the end of your shift do another printout of your days work.

Repeat every day.

Stan

Stanley Knife:
Simply do a printout of your previous shift before you start and then at the end of your shift do another printout of your days work.

Repeat every day.

Stan

Thanks for that… Could you explain how I go about doing a print out though? sorry i havent got a clue about digital tachos… Its a siemens vdo is that makes a difference

Ignition on.

Press ok on right hand side of digi, scroll down to vehicle - ok, scroll to date - ok. Will print.

Same start and end of day.

Stan

Stanley Knife:
Ignition on.

Press ok on right hand side of digi, scroll down to vehicle - ok, scroll to date - ok. Will print.

Same start and end of day.

Stan

Spot on, Thank you very much… Do I need to write my name on the print outs?

A printout must be done both at the BEGINNING of each shift and at the END of each shift, both printouts must be signed by the driver , along with his / her driver card or driving licence number, there is provision on the back of the paper roll for this. (The paper roll shows all the vehicle movements both your own and any other driver that used the vehicle on that day, this is what is required to comply with the law)
FAILURE TO DO THIS IS A FIXED PENALTY NOTICE OF AT LEAST £120

ONCE DRIVING REMEMBER TO ACKNOWLEDGE ANY WARNINGS ABOUT DRIVING WITHOUT A CARD BY PRESSING OK,
IF YOU DON’T YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE MODE SWITCH TO SHOW ANY BREAKS OR POA ON THE PRINTOUT AT THE END OF YOUR SHIFT.

You can only drive for a MAXIMUM of 15 calendar days from the date the card was lost or damaged. Your driver card will be sent to your home address