Driving without digi card?

Ok I’m doing a week on agency even though I’m working full time with my company but its close down period for europe… I went last night and they told me just manually fill the back of a tacho is this even legal? Spoke to my dad he said you should be able print it out after my shift the tacho reader does it or summet? I have yet to get my digi tacho :frowning:. Gotta get one though I love automatics!

Totally illegal mate. You can only drive and do printouts for 14 calendar days if you already have a digicard and are waiting for a replacement for a lost or faulty card which is upon your person. I may be wrong about the length of time by the way, but you def can’t drive without the card

What OVLOV JAY says and the agency should know this.

OVLOV JAY:
Totally illegal mate. You can only drive and do printouts for 14 calendar days if you already have a digicard and are waiting for a replacement for a lost or faulty card which is upon your person. I may be wrong about the length of time by the way, but you def can’t drive without the card

15 days, not 14. The upon your person bit is not a requirement. You couldn’t have a lost, or stolen, card on your person and a faulty card is sent back with your new application.

Print out at start and end of each shift, sign and print name on each print out and enter either your digi card number or your licence number then treat the printouts as you would any other record by carrying them for 29 days and returning to the operator by latest 42 days counting from the day after the record relates to.

Williams9881:
I have yet to get my digi tacho

If you have never had a digital tachograph card then as others have said you are not allowed to drive anything fitted with one on the road.

The only time you’re allowed to drive a digitach equipped vehicle without a card is if one you have previously been issued with is either lost, stolen or faulty. In this case you make (and sign) printouts at the start and end of each shift.

Paul

Coffeeholic:

OVLOV JAY:

15 days, not 14. The upon your person bit is not a requirement. You couldn’t have a lost, or stolen, card on your person and a faulty card is sent back with your new application.

Print out at start and end of each shift, sign and print name on each print out and enter either your digi card number or your licence number then treat the printouts as you would any other record by carrying them for 29 days and returning to the operator by latest 42 days counting from the day after the record relates to.

I only meant keeping a faulty card on you. You don’t send cards back to swansea yourself, you have to exchange it when your new card arrives at your chosen local office or test station. All drivers issued with digital cards are required by law to keep them on there person for inspection whilst driving any vehicle over 3.5 tonnes.

OVLOV JAY:
You don’t send cards back to swansea yourself, you have to exchange it when your new card arrives at your chosen local office or test station.

That’s only if you’re changing the details on the card such as the address, faulty cards should be returned with the application form.

Read here.

Also see the application form if you’re still not convinced - section g) :wink:

OVLOV JAY:

Coffeeholic:

OVLOV JAY:

I only meant keeping a faulty card on you. You don’t send cards back to swansea yourself, you have to exchange it when your new card arrives at your chosen local office or test station. All drivers issued with digital cards are required by law to keep them on there person for inspection whilst driving any vehicle over 3.5 tonnes.

Sorry, you are incorrect. Faulty and damaged cards must be returned with the application, if you don’t return it you will be charged the £19 fee which is the cost for replacing a lost or stolen one.

See section 1 g on the Digi Tacho Card Application Form for conformation.

Just an add on for the OP:

Once you have a digi card, you must have it with you even when you drive an analogue truck.

Santa:
Just an add on for the OP:

Once you have a digi card, you must have it with you even when you drive an analogue truck.

And that means even if it has never been used.

I stand corrected, I can admit when I am in the wrong

OVLOV JAY:
I stand corrected, I can admit when I am in the wrong

You are no good in this forum in that case. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: