Lost tachocard

Hi everyone hope everyone had a good xmas

it appears since i finished work on friday and today ive misplaced my tachocard just been upto work to check ive not left it in my truck and i havent i know i will need to report it to dvla ill do it in the morning. i know you can drive upto 15 days without it has anyone got any previous experience obn how i do this is it just vechile entry on the tacho at start and end of shift and use work modes as normal ive never been in this position before sorry if its been answered several times but i need to be sure as im back in work on thursday and friday so would prefer to make sure i know what to do in advanced thanks

Use the tachograph mode switch as you normally would.

Do a vehicle printout at the start of the shift and another vehicle printout at the end of the shift, write your name on the printouts and sign them.

You’ll need to carry these printouts with you for the current day and the next 28 days, so if your transport office want printouts you’ll need to do 2 of each.

You should report the lost driver card to DVLA within 7 days, but as you can only drive without it for 15 days it pays to report it and order a new one as soon as possible.

If it’s a VDO tachograph, with the ignition on and the tachograph on the standard display press “OK”, that will take you to the printout menu, scroll down until you reach vehicle printout.

I ordered a new card last week, it turned up in 2 days, cant knock the DVLA on that front

tachograph:
Use the tachograph mode switch as you normally would.

Do a vehicle printout at the start of the shift and another vehicle printout at the end of the shift, write your name on the printouts and sign them.

You’ll need to carry these printouts with you for the current day and the next 28 days, so if your transport office want printouts you’ll need to do 2 of each.

You should report the lost driver card to DVLA within 7 days, but as you can only drive without it for 15 days it pays to report it and order a new one as soon as possible.

If it’s a VDO tachograph, with the ignition on and the tachograph on the standard display press “OK”, that will take you to the printout menu, scroll down until you reach vehicle printout.

HI mate. Will that save you having to manually write your days activities on the back of the printout? I’m guessing it’s the head unit still recording the days use such as other work, poa, driving etc?

andy_s:
HI mate. Will that save you having to manually write your days activities on the back of the printout? I’m guessing it’s the head unit still recording the days use such as other work, poa, driving etc?

Everything is recorded in the VU so by using the mode switch just like you always would then doing vehicle printouts at the start and end of the shift you’re doing printouts of all your activities during the shift.

As long as you use the mode switch as normal all your activities will be recorded and printed out, of course you would need to write down any activities that’s not recorded on the tachograph.

Thanks for you’re help tachograph I will phone up tomorrow to order a new card I’m guessing there is no way to stop the tach flashing up driving without card while driving even by doing print out cheers

Yatsay93:
I’m guessing there is no way to stop the tach flashing up driving without card while driving even by doing print out cheers

I don’t think so, you can press “OK” to cancel the warning but I assume it will keep reappearing throughout the day.

No problem just a annoying but minor detail to put up with for a few days thanks for the help

If your quick about things because you said aren’t back in till Thursday I recon you could get it by Friday if you report it ASAP. They are probably open till 20:00 a weekday.

tachograph:

Yatsay93:
I’m guessing there is no way to stop the tach flashing up driving without card while driving even by doing print out cheers

I don’t think so, you can press “OK” to cancel the warning but I assume it will keep reappearing throughout the day.

A bit of duck tape will sort that out

nick2008:

tachograph:

Yatsay93:

A bit of duck tape will sort that out

:laughing: Yes that should work :smiley:

I think he may want to see the tachograph display though :smiley:

Duct tape would work well on the tachograph but it would still be bloody annoying coming up on my dash in the new Renault everyone you pull away but I’ll survive for only a few days just been on phone new one on order as of now cheers for you’re help