Driving to Ireland

I’m driving from rosslare to belfast, and as its my first time to both Ireland and Northern Ireland i’n not sure what to expect. Makin a drop in Newry then onto Belfast and finally Larne. Any one know any safe/ good areas to park up? and whats the situation now with regards to english plates etc (sorry if i sound nieve).

hi mate. its safe to park up really n e where now adays (providing its not near rough lookin housing estates)

if your parking upin newry as u come into newry @ Fiveways, take belfast turnoff at roundabout theres a wee layby there, or at the next roundabout an industrial estate…both pritty safe and have heard no probs from them. Stay away from laybys on A1, you tend to get a bit of bother from errrmm…“guys” :blush:

In belfast - best to stay to docks area as theres not other much places to park up, its safe and if u park in Stena area u can walk into the city (if u fancy a look about)

In larne - again the docks area, its a bit bland, but theres not much to do in larne n e way.

Northern Ireland has come on a lot recently and there are no probs regards to English plates.

try not to park up too close either side of the border, nothing to do with the obvious reasons but you might get ■■■■■■ either asking you for some of your diesel, or stealing it while you sleep, the best way to deal with them is to pick up the phone and say “im calling the coppers now so you can stick around if you want”, they generally ■■■■ off then.

altenratively you could argue with them and square up to them etc, could go either way, but the phone works 99% of the time.

magnumboy:
Stay away from laybys on A1, you tend to get a bit of bother from errrmm…“guys” :blush:

:laughing: Cheers for the advice

There’s plenty of safe parking in Larne,see lorrypark in Larne on left as u come down d/carriage way Station Bar across road or park at KFC (just before weighbridge) 10 min walk to Olderfleet pub(across the road from terminal)
4 or 5 pubs in the town and a couple of clubs ,plenty of takeaways.
regards derek