Safe parking north of Larne

I’m taking the camper van over to Ireland in June for a bit of a tour.
The wife insists on going up to the giants causeway,so it will be turn right at Larne.
Anyway, can anyone recommend a decent place to park up for the night?
Only the wife is a bit nervous. :neutral_face:

head along the coast road towards causeway, theres a couuple of cracking villages called cushendun and cushendall, you will be fine parked up in either, cracking boozers in both.

Have parked next to Bushmills distillery before with no probs.

Don’t worry NI gave up being “twinned” with Kabul in 1994 :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

Drive on round the North Coast to here:
colerainebc.gov.uk/show.php?id=998

Fantastic views over the North Atlantic if you book a pitch up the hill near the road (ring Eric to confirm :wink: ) and make sure you get down to the “Ramore Wine Bar” at the harbour in Portrush for a meal as its the best grub in NI period. :sunglasses:

Ok chaps, thanks for the replies.
We are looking forward to going over.
The plan is start at the causeway and then kind of head south, ending up at cork to see Tom petty and the heartbreakers in concert.
ROCK ON.

park where you want. you don’t get any problems over there.
probably the most welcoming bunch of people in europe.
pub car park would be a good place.
and pick up some vegetable rolls. they’re like burgers, but better.

Go through Ballymoney and have a look at the Joey Dunlop memorial and have a drink in his old pub too.

There’s a VFR750R hanging from the ceiling :open_mouth:

OHHH YEAH …vern hit it on the head wi Bushmills ,was a regular wkend stop wi me in the 80s… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

limeyphil:
park where you want. you don’t get any problems over there.
probably the most welcoming bunch of people in europe.
pub car park would be a good place.

+1

You don’t have to live like a refugee…

I’ll get me coat :laughing:

limeyphil:

Ask any butcher for it and try it with our “soda or potato bread” as part of an “Ulster Fry” for breakfast or stick it on the Bar-Be for something different from the usual :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

You can drive right down onto “The Strand” beach@ Portstewart with the camper van too if you want. :wink:

Ballintoy village VERY close to Carrick-a-rede rope bridge has two great pubs for grub/craic too, I dare you to try the Mixed grill@ The Fullerton Arms:!: :exclamation: :open_mouth:
They did have an offer there over the Winter if you spent over £60 on food/drink you got a nights B+B at the Inn for FREE :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley:

Carrick-a-rede
you need to do this as your near it

Nervous whats there to be nervous of

Thanks again folks.
It sounds like we shall be having an adventure.
With reference to what’s to be nervous, it’s the wife, some of the species are like that.
She can’t let go of the past, she still goes on about the Germans and she wasn’t born until 1958.

bigvern1:
Have parked next to Bushmills distillery before with no probs.

This sounds like a good idea to me.