Belfast again!!

Thanks for last info on parking. But am going again next week. My question is this how ‘safe’ is Belfast?. There are lay-byes on the A1 into Belfast from the south i noticed. If i parked there overnight would i be okay?. Carrying nothing valuable. Thanks again.

You should be ok, although none of us like seeing the english here :wink:

tortoise Take that as good advice & park safe, like the docks. It won`t be Karl that sets light to your truck it will be the super vandals that still are about in the province…

Wouldnt worry about it park in the docks as saided… :smiley:

Macs164L As saided…? Or stated…( Had a couple myself & keep making mistakes…But always willing to learn new words…)

I wouldn’t think you will have any problems parking in the lay-bys on the A1 just avoid the one near the A1 filling station as its a big haunt for the cottagers :exclamation: :unamused:

Big Truck:
I wouldn’t think you will have any problems parking in the lay-bys on the A1 just avoid the one near the A1 filling station as its a big haunt for the cottagers :exclamation: :unamused:

there is not enough parking areas as it is without these people building holiday homes in lay bys.

Karl Wrote:

You should be ok, although none of us like seeing the english here

I thought most of ppl there were/classed them selves as English :wink:

You thought wrong then.

Except when they draw their benefits… :laughing:

Karl:
You should be ok, although none of us like seeing the english here :wink:

Don’t know what your on about Karl but I would say the vast majority of people here like to see people from the mainland coming to N.Ireland,if only to let them see its not anyway near as bad as they think.
I.E. There are NOT gangs of “super vandals” standing at every street corner :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: .

have never been there but know rep.irland good.
Errr…
you could go to Dublin,-you were last in Belfast,and i explain you some about parking and Pub’s :smiley:

Aye i know, but it doesn’t mean they like them…

Karl:
Aye i know, but it doesn’t mean they like them…

Then you won’t be botherin to be coming travelling over here then will you?

The last time I left Belfast docks for Stranraer on the ferry . An incoming ferry had a load of footy fans on it & one car had some mafia types in it. Those are the vandals I am talking about…UFF South East Antrim hardline leader shot in a taxi leaving the Belfast docks after he returned from a Rangers/Celtic match in Glasgow. …

& Karl knows what I am talking about too…

Its no secret that there is a blood letting fetish there. Just go to any normal warehouse & its surrounded by cameras & razorwire… That aint there to enhance the surroundings... Its Gods way of saying BEWARE.`

Never felt comfortable in the North… I felt right at ease in the South ,except by the border ,that is. In the North there is whole thriving mafia industry… It may also be in the South but they are better at hiding it…perhaps…? It may be the Northerners have lost their way…? Dont like being Irish, Dont want to be English… A loss of identity… Anyway ,with English plates make your visit brief…As Karl says , just a phone call will do… :laughing:

Karl, I am hoping you have crossed wires because that is the biggest load of rubbish I have read on these forums. I know your still a kid who can’t drive but surely you have more sense than that. The only reason you don’t like seeing English trucks is because most run legal, i.e. 56mph. If they are not doing 80mph on the A75, you’re not interested. :unamused: :unamused:

What tortoise was asking was is it safe. He will be absolutely safe parking most places in Northern Ireland. Obviously, you don’t park beside a council estate which is plastered in painted lamp posts. That has nothing to do with driving an English truck, I would’nt park there either. You also don’t park beside a council estate in England, or within a 20 mile radius of Liverpool. Use common sense and you will be fine.

Many years ago, Northern Ireland was a bad place for English trucks to be seen BUT NOT NOW. Anyone who says otherwise has not even travelled here in the last ten years. English drivers will be far safer parking anywhere in Northern Ireland than they would be in England. Truck crime is relatively unheard of over here, but it is rife in England. Trucks being hijacked on Motorways in broad daylight is a regular occurance in England. Curtains slashed and diesel being nicked is in most parts of England. Rocks being hurled from bridges and even trucks being set on fire with drivers sleeping in them. :frowning: :frowning:

There are hundreds of GB drivers in Northern Ireland every week. I’m on the boat 6 times a week with a lot of them and I have yet to hear of any problems.

Rant over!!!

You also don’t park beside a council estate in England, or within a 20 mile radius of Liverpool

Y would that be then ? Whats Liverpool got to do with it apart from the fact that the vast majority are Irish descendants ?