drivers woes

with regards to driver cpc,this is a great money making scheme to try and achieve the impossible.how do you change someone who,s spent a lot of money becoming a professional driver to be told sorry you,ll have to spend more cos your not doing it right.even better we,ll get someone to teach you who,s probably never set foot in a wagon.me personally i,ll just be ticking the box,claiming the money back and carrying on poluting the air and wasting fuel trying to make progress in areas where traffic lights are set to make you stop as often as possible.
the fantastic rule makers who try and shove down our throats that load safety tacho laws weight limits etc.my experience,i try and do a safe and legal shift at work and am constantly met with all of the above.say anything and your met with,we didnt know,we never told the driver to do that,that ■■■■■■ driver never stops moaning,sorry we cant do anything until vosa stop you,we,re not paying the fines.we have to earn a living and need the jobs we have cos there aint many others out there.we have families and morgages etc and we dont have the easy life of making drivers lives a misery.
as an ageing industry what do the great money making pillocks have in store for the young driver wishing to fulfill his ambition of becoming an hgv driver.at a cost of about £2500 to get to your class 1 license as well as the £500 for your driver cpc,transport politics,aggro and abuse everywhere you go,the prospect of hefty fines cos most companies run illegal then pile the blame on the driver and finally to be met by "sorry we cant give you a job as you dont have 2yrs experience.so unless i missed something where in all of that do youngsters get the insentive to join our professional industry.
am i a bitter driver, yes definately. im sick of listening to mindless idiots trying to ram rubbish down my throat about a job i,ve had many accident free years of PROFESSIONALLY doin.my advice, come and join me for a week and see the reality of being a wagon driver from the experts point of view.
my view,unless they can make money from it they just dont want to know.

Welcome to Trucknet UK manscotlad

I agree the Driver CPC is just a money making scheme thought up by the Eurocrats :unamused:

Personally I have nothing against vocational training for drivers, especially when you consider how this job has changed over the years with the changing rules and regulations on just about every part of the job.
But the way the Driver CPC is set up it’s a complete wast of time and money, basically drivers and transport operators are being fleeced so that training companies can make money.

To make things even worse if you read these forums you’ll see that a lot of the information that these CPC instructors are giving out is wrong or out of date.

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome manscotlad :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

tachograph:
But the way the Driver CPC is set up it’s a complete wast of time and money

Agreed

tachograph:
basically drivers and transport operators are being fleeced so that training companies can make money.

Disagree - it’s the Governments’ DfT in the form of the DSA & JAUPT that make the money

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

ROG:

tachograph:

Agreed

tachograph:
basically drivers and transport operators are being fleeced so that training companies can make money.

Disagree - it’s the Governments’ DfT in the form of the DSA & JAUPT that make the money

There’s no doubt that the government make money out of the Driver CPC but do you really think that the training companies do it for nothing, from my own experience I know that some of them set up courses and don’t even bother to check that the information they’re teaching is correct.

Why ?, because they’re only interested in the money they can make off the back of transport companies and drivers.

tachograph:
There’s no doubt that the government make money out of the Driver CPC but do you really think that the training companies do it for nothing,

All I can say is that I have not yet heard of one making a profit yet - a loss - yes

tachograph:
from my own experience I know that some of them set up courses and don’t even bother to check that the information they’re teaching is correct

You and others mate !! - there is no check in place for the accuracy for the course contents

Dont want it aint doin it :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

BIGRIG:

Wish I could afford to say/do that mate.

Think nearly everyone’s either said or thinks what the o.p has, just a shame we don’t all get together and refuse to do it and watch the [zb] hit the fan in 2014. Obviously it won’t happen, and I understand the reasons why, shame though.

Saw a list of prices in a transport office yesterday per module ranging from £100 to £350 and came to a total of £1000, the firm were paying for it but it said if a driver left before they’d finished them all they’d have to pay for what they’d done. Fair enough I suppose but it’s not that expensive, is it!■■?

darkseeker:

BIGRIG:

Wish I could afford to say/do that mate.

Think nearly everyone’s either said or thinks what the o.p has, just a shame we don’t all get together and refuse to do it and watch the [zb] hit the fan in 2014. Obviously it won’t happen, and I understand the reasons why, shame though.

Saw a list of prices in a transport office yesterday per module ranging from £100 to £350 and came to a total of £1000, the firm were paying for it but it said if a driver left before they’d finished them all they’d have to pay for what they’d done. Fair enough I suppose but it’s not that expensive, is it!■■?

Im 53 i cant be arrised wiv it i will try and get a job stacking shelves in ASDA but knowing my luck theyll bring a CPC rule in for that next :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I wasn’t having a dig or anything BR, it was a statement. If I was in your position though, I’d do the same - there’s little to no incentive to stay in this job for the last 10yrs or whatever as it is, without having to pay for the privilage!

darkseeker:
I wasn’t having a dig or anything BR, it was a statement. If I was in your position though, I’d do the same - there’s little to no incentive to stay in this job for the last 10yrs or whatever as it is, without having to pay for the privilage!

No offence taken mate :smiley: This job is [zb] now and all the crap the government keep piling on us is making it worse :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Using an asterisk to dodge the auto-censor doesn’t make that word become acceptable. dd.

'zacly!

Only job where you get to drive a truck though :wink:

BIGRIG:

darkseeker:

No offence taken mate :smiley: This job is [zb]now and all the crap the government keep piling on us is making it worse :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

The 3 things that have made it [zb] are, government, unions and drivers. Think i will be passing on doing the driver CPC as well.
If you need to use asterisks to dodge the auto-censor, please take that as a clue that the word you’re trying to use isn’t allowed. dd.

ROG:

tachograph:

Agreed

tachograph:

So these training companies have to give all the money they get to DSA and JAUPT who ever they are?

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Yep the government screw us for as much as possible, starting with a medical, then a theory test followed by the practical test, then once you get to 45,it’s a medical every 5years or you can’t drive a truck, nothing against the medical, but i do feel that the cost should be cheaper ,and now you got this latest load of b/s (drivers cpc )that means jack at the end of the day, but then you got the other 60% of your hard earned going into the system in one form or another, ( income tax,nat ins, vat, fuel duty, duty on booze and ■■■■,council tax makes you wonder why bother working sometimes)

I did the first part of the CPC on Monday and I dont think Ive ever heard such a load of old ■■■■■■■■ as I did in that 6 hours in the classroom…I reckon if I took as long every day to do my daily checks as the bloke in the DVD did I would lose a job a week .They will probably scrap it at the end of the fourth year after theyve made a few bob out of all of us…I can half understand new drivers having to do it but blokes that have been doing the job for years ■■?

Blissy:
I did the first part of the CPC on Monday and I dont think Ive ever heard such a load of old ■■■■■■■■ as I did in that 6 hours in the classroom…I reckon if I took as long every day to do my daily checks as the bloke in the DVD did I would lose a job a week .They will probably scrap it at the end of the fourth year after theyve made a few bob out of all of us…I can half understand new drivers having to do it but blokes that have been doing the job for years ■■?

Was the bloke who was teaching you this boll*x an ex driver?Or was he just reading from a text book. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bollx is still bollx no matter who’s teaching it!

I’ve only been in the game for coming up to three years and still see it as an insult to my intelligence, if I were some of you guys I’d be livid! It worked how it was, you picked it up as you went along and asked for help if you needed it, do they really think this’ll remove human error from the equation!? They live in a bloody dream world!

Doing the first part of the cpc tomorrow, reading the comments from people who have already done it I’m not looking forward to it one bit, who the hell decided that each course had to last seven hours anyway, surely one day in the classroom is enough to cover everything, for these courses they must really be scrapeing the bottom of the barrel of bull[zb] to fill the time up :confused:

If you left the auto-censor to write “[zb]” we’d know what you mean, but using asterisks to force the issue doesn’t make a word become acceptable. dd.