hate CPC

just needed to vent my frustration at the CPC!!!

is there any point in starting a petition to get this stopped?

i mean how many other Jobs do you have to PAY! to do your job!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Boneheed:
just needed to vent my frustration

Which i now hope that you feel much better. :wink:

Boneheed:

8 hours of your life wasted, and just think …aslong as your a driver you will continue to waste another 8 hours of your life every year untill you die !!!

Keep on trucking :smiley:

there was 2 countries in Europe that said no to it… we should have listened to them…

ps… its 35

In the main it is a pointless exercise (one course I did covered “guess the calories in a big mac” ffs), but read some of the most basic of questions posted on this the “Professional Drivers’ Forum” and you’ll see why it’s been thrust upon us. The minority have brought it upon the majority.
No problem with hours, tachograph courses and any job specific training like ADR, HIAB, etc…

Boneheed:

Plenty. As a DCPC trainer I have to pay to be able to do my job. Just paid almost £1600 to JAUPT last week and that’ll only last 1 year.

There’s plenty of people have to pay some kind of fee to carry on doing what they do.

may well be the fact a lot of other people have to pay for training but they pass the cost on to there customers. who do we pass it on too no one. just more cash out me arse pocket :angry:

Boneheed:
ps… its 35

35 every 5 years :slight_smile:

As have been told in the past, 7 hours a year for as long as you want to drive, most companies will put you through this, unpaid yes but a single 7 hour session will set you back around £70, so really the lack of pay your getting is cancelled out by getting it for free, that my view anyhow.

There’s no way around it I’m afraid, no respectable company come September 2014 will let you drive for them without it and if youre caught driving by the ministry, don’t drop the soap!

It’s a complete and total waste of time and money, having said that I’ve bitten the bullet and completed mine and all I can suggest is that you sit the course and put up with the mind-numbing boredom in the hope that wages will improve when the driver pool is massively reduced in 2014.

only have 7 hours left to complete… but having being told that you can do 35 hours of the same course

plus with no pay - in my own time - and having to pay myself… it is a little taxing

how many people do you think are going to leave school and say
‘hey! heres an idea… lets pay a few thousand pounds on getting a license, to earn minimum wage’

Harry Monk:
It’s a complete and total waste of time and money, having said that I’ve bitten the bullet and completed mine and all I can suggest is that you sit the course and put up with the mind-numbing boredom in the hope that wages will improve when the driver pool is massively reduced in 2014.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: driver pool massively reduced :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Boneheed:
only have 7 hours left to complete… but having being told that you can do 35 hours of the same course

plus with no pay - in my own time - and having to pay myself… it is a little taxing

how many people do you think are going to leave school and say
‘hey! heres an idea… lets pay a few thousand pounds on getting a license, to earn minimum wage’

lets hope nobody, then as Harry said drivers will be in demand …wages will go up … just need to get rid of the Polish and we are laughing

company pays ours. And i’m doing it on Saturdays, so overtime rate paid for 10 hours, with lunch thrown in! oh yes I’ll be staying out on Friday night as well! Nice little earner for a class room snooze.

Easter-Star:

Harry Monk:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: English speaking driver pool massively reduced :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fixed that for you :wink:

Boneheed:

Gas fitters need to pass and renew/keep up to date their Gas safe registration.
Electricians need to keep upto date and tested for part P certification.
There’s loads more, although to be honest i’ve no idea who pays for it. Anyway, according to the guys here its about £400 for three shifts on a lorry so paying about £400 for five years training seems a doddle to me !! :laughing: :laughing:

Mike-C:
There’s loads more, although to be honest i’ve no idea who pays for it. Anyway, according to the guys here its about £400 for three shifts on a lorry so paying about £400 for five years training seems a doddle to me !! :laughing: :laughing:

you’re missing the point… we shouldnt have to do this… if we just all stand up to it

2 countries said no… but yet us Brits just stand there and take it

the only one getting any benefit from this is the government… its just yet another way to get money from an easy way.
even if you do find it ‘a doddle’ with your massive wage of £400 ( :laughing: ), if fuel prices keep going up
you would get many miles with that… but yet the ones who put the world into a bad state, still get big a bonus.

Boneheed:

Mike-C:

you’re missing the point… we shouldnt have to do this… if we just all stand up to it

2 countries said no… but yet us Brits just stand there and take it

the only one getting any benefit from this is the government… its just yet another way to get money from an easy way.
even if you do find it ‘a doddle’ with your massive wage of £400 ( :laughing: ), if fuel prices keep going up
you would get many miles with that… but yet the ones who put the world into a bad state, still get big a bonus.

I’m not missing no point. You asked how may other jobs have to do this, i mentioned two so you think i’m missing a point? !!! LOL !! And , yet you laugh at ‘my wage of £400’, i’ll assume thats because you can’t read or comprehend what i said. Now i’ll have a laugh, its about £400 or £500 quid for a course to keep you in your job every five years, and all you millionare drivers gripe over paying it. Go get a comittee to meet the DfT and get it all sorted then, what are you waiting for? Sureley not support from us ‘Brits’ who just bend over and take it? !!!

i have the DCPC, its £69 per 7 hours over 5 days, £345, i can do mine on sat so no lose of income. but its a waste of money. i know they wont put this on car drivers too many voters .

i’m not doing it. not even for free.
i’ll just carry on driving, get fined, get banned, carry on, then get fined again, i won’t pay the fines.
i’ll end up in prison, but there is a principal at stake.