hate CPC

shep532:

Boneheed:
i mean how many other Jobs do you have to PAY! to do your job!!

Plenty. As a DCPC trainer I have to pay to be able to do my job. Just paid almost £1600 to JAUPT last week and that’ll only last 1 year.

Well that’s not quite correct is it mate, for all intent and purpose you’re paying for a franchise to run a business, it’s not really the same thing is it :wink:

Mike-C:

Boneheed:
just needed to vent my frustration at the CPC!!!

is there any point in starting a petition to get this stopped?

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gas fitters need to pass and renew/keep up to date their Gas safe registration.
Electricians need to keep upto date and tested for part P certification.

To be fare the two groups of workers you mentioned are skilled workers and to the best of my knowledge are treated as such, I doubt there are that many other groups of workers who have to pay to be treated like [zb] :laughing:

Just watch your tone on this thread please gentlemen (and ladies). The OP has reported an abusive attitude on this thread and highlighted my post. I rechecked and didn’t see any abuse from me so i can only conclude he means one of you others !!!

limeyphil:
i’m not doing it. not even for free.
i’ll just carry on driving, get fined, get banned, carry on, then get fined again, i won’t pay the fines.
i’ll end up in prison, but there is a principal at stake.

You won’t end up in prison because no-one is likely to employ you after September 2014 without a DQC :wink:

Well I for one will help you all by becoming part of the English speaking driver pool being reduced. I’m not doing it and have told my employers that. They are not even looking to start it until next year. Come 2014 I will either look for a job that doesn’t need it, always fancied that McDonald’s job where you walk around in a hi viz jacket & plastic bag, or retire altogether.
I see the whole thing as a waste of time. Everything covered on it should be covered on your initial driving course. Make the instructors earn their cash instead of just getting you to drive to various eating places. If the relevant government departments cannot be bothered to put together a proper course then why should we bother.

It’s a 5 year tax to work! Every 5 years! And is laughable calling it training! :laughing:

I know it is a ball-ache, but FYI, as this is a required ‘tool of the trade’, you are entitled to claim a tax allowance for the amount you pay, whether you are self-employed, or an employee paying for his/her own training. Of course, if your firm pays, you can’t claim. I appreciate that I am just a ‘scum of the earth 7.5 tonne driver’, but I was an accountant in a former life, so I know what you can claim for and what you cant. Just speak to your local tax office - they will be happy to help by providing the relevant form, or, if you are self-employed, or a director of a service company, they will point you to the relevant part of the web-site.

First post- hope it helps.

:sunglasses:

There was opposition to the HGV licence when that came in.But wages went up. And as Harry Monk has said will will probably happen with the DCPC. If your firm is paying go for it.You could reap the benefit when the driver shortage happens.

Dave the Renegade:
There was opposition to the HGV licence when that came in.But wages went up. And as Harry Monk has said will will probably happen with the DCPC. If your firm is paying go for it.You could reap the benefit when the driver shortage happens.

This

Dave the Renegade:

Yep! All the best if you believe you’ll be on more wedge! :laughing:
Wages are on the slide now! And come 2013! The rest of Europe will be unrestricted under cabotage rules! Even lower wages if this goes ahead! :unamused:

dessy:

Dave the Renegade:

Yep! All the best if you believe you’ll be on more wedge! :laughing:
Wages are on the slide now! And come 2013! The rest of Europe will be unrestricted under cabotage rules! Even lower wages if this goes ahead! :unamused:

On the bright side we’ll be ensured a cheap supply of ciggarettes and tobacco !!! :laughing:

dessy:
Even lower wages if this goes ahead! :unamused:

You shut your filthy mouth !!

:laughing:

Boneheed:
there was 2 countries in Europe that said no to it… we should have listened to them…

ps… its 35

which 2 countries said no then :question: :question: :question: :question:

wildfire:

Boneheed:
there was 2 countries in Europe that said no to it… we should have listened to them…

ps… its 35

which 2 countries said no then :question: :question: :question: :question:

Yes, I’ve not heard of any countries saying no

And those that believe that wages will go up in 2014, DREAM ON BABY!!! Do you think that the big multinationals would allow such a law that would put up thier wage costs? come on now, who runs Europe? not us, not the politicians, oh no, it is the Banks, and people like tesco and DHL and Shell/BP. all they need to do is allow Turkey and/or Ukraine into the EU, and bob is your preverbial aunts husband!

You have had many an opportunity to fight this farce, but as usual with drivers, you all spent more time bickering amongst themselves and laughing at those that tried to do something.
I was undecided about whether to do the DCPC or not. I am strongly against it, and spent a lot of time and effort arguing the cause for drivers with the powers that be, i also realised that, if it was still here in 2014, i would have to do it in order to keep working. Well, situations beyond my control means i probably won’t be here in 2014, so the decision has been made for me, but i will continue to fight against, and support anyone who feels he same.
wages will not go up, drivers will be found to replace those that leave, and you will all have to sit this useless “qualification” every year until you retire.

shep532:

Boneheed:

Plenty. As a DCPC trainer I have to pay to be able to do my job. Just paid almost £1600 to JAUPT last week and that’ll only last 1 year.

There’s plenty of people have to pay some kind of fee to carry on doing what they do.

I’m sure you’ve costed it in, you have a captive audience. It will just depend on how many other speculators have coughed up £1600 to rinse HGV drivers.

Redrorry:

shep532:

Boneheed:

There’s plenty of people have to pay some kind of fee to carry on doing what they do.

I’m sure you’ve costed it in, you have a captive audience. It will just depend on how many other speculators have coughed up £1600 to rinse HGV drivers.

Plus 20 k to do the trainers course.

I think there is some place for additional training as we progress through our working life as things change and you only have to look at the questions and answers on here to see that. But the way this has been set up is a joke and is just a revenue raiser.

kr79:

Redrorry:

Plus 20 k to do the trainers course.

As far as I’m aware there’s no stipulation that DCPC trainers need to have any kind of qualification other than previous experience as an instructor of some kind, you could have previous experience as an instructor in origami as far as JAUPT are concerned.

kr79:
I think there is some place for additional training as we progress through our working life as things change and you only have to look at the questions and answers on here to see that. But the way this has been set up is a joke and is just a revenue raiser.

I couldn’t agree more, there’s is a place for on-going training but the current DCPC training system has very little if anything to do with training but has plenty to do with making money.

alte hase:
London cab drivers do the ‘‘knowledge’’ test, then its thiers for ‘‘life’’,

I’m not certain if London Taxi drivers have to do an NVQ yet, but its certainley been rolled out across different parts of the country. We have it here in Liverpool, didn’t matter how long you held your badge you still needed to get your NVQ to keep your licence. Interestingly, Leicester had a similar scheme. They appear to have had it overturned, i’ve no idea what their current situation is.
thisisleicestershire.co.uk/C … story.html

These qualifications are required at local level, so no idea how it affects EU level which we have.

[quote=“Mike-C”
On the bright side we’ll be ensured a cheap supply of ciggarettes and tobacco !!! :laughing:[/quote]
So what are cigarettes normally made from then Mike?

the maoster:

Mike-C:
On the bright side we’ll be ensured a cheap supply of ciggarettes and tobacco !!! :laughing:

So what are cigarettes normally made from then Mike?

I’m no good with technical questions. I roll my own with Golden Virginia, but what i can do for you if you want i can go and get a ciggy off the missus and rip it open and have a look, what am i looking for?