hate CPC

I struggle to see the issue with it to be fair, given a choice id rather not pay for it but the fact is if i dont im out of a job. Its hardly a big deal sit in a classroom for 8hours at most really and agrue/debate/take the ■■■■ with the trainer then job done go home. Some people have got some real cheek to turn round and say its a waste of time, you’ve only got to look at a few threads on here with people asking the most stupid, basic questions which could easily be researched to think actually its about time something like this is brought in.

Its not going to be perfect over night people!

Mike-C:

the maoster:

Mike-C:
On the bright side we’ll be ensured a cheap supply of ciggarettes and tobacco !!! :laughing:

So what are cigarettes normally made from then Mike?

I’m no good with technical questions. I roll my own with Golden Virginia, but what i can do for you if you want i can go and get a ciggy off the missus and rip it open and have a look, what am i looking for?

Enlightenment grasshopper, enlightenment.

the maoster:

Mike-C:

the maoster:

Mike-C:
On the bright side we’ll be ensured a cheap supply of ciggarettes and tobacco !!! :laughing:

So what are cigarettes normally made from then Mike?

I’m no good with technical questions. I roll my own with Golden Virginia, but what i can do for you if you want i can go and get a ciggy off the missus and rip it open and have a look, what am i looking for?

Enlightenment grasshopper, enlightenment.

Thats weed does that, its a totally different thing.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

As a trainer i can not wait until 2014 when you :open_mouth: all bugger off out the industry. i have read this post, nvq and the 999 post and to be honest those 3 posts make this industry look rubbish.
You say the CPC makes the industry look less attractive, i would argue some of the petty stupid moaning and the attitude of a lorry driver knows everything or the post on who has hit a vehicle on purpose has done as much damage if not more. If you read that drivel would it make you want to join?

Anyone in the construction industry has to do courses including the cleaner. First Aiders update every three years, flt driver every three years, any instruction around 3-5 years including getting our own dcpc to drive. Sales staff constantly on courses. Fire Marshalls the list goes on and on. Yes the company pays for a lot of what I mentioned and most companies will pay for the dcpc.

I agree there are bad trainers but as i have said dont be a keyboard warrior have it with the trainer and then complain to jaupt.

The FTA are trying to get testing introduced into the dcpc. Most will welcome this but some will moan.

The DCPC is meant to refresh your knowledge the NVQ is just someone watching you to make sure you meet the right standards, in other words no teaching. But people are moaning they never learnt anything on the NVQ. Its not that type of course. With DCPC i get drivers telling me they no everything about drivers hours. i ask why ate you sitting on a drivers hours course then?

What I am trying to say is this site that I promote a lot in my training seems to be going down hill. Full of know it all moaners who seem to come across as no little. In my experience the ones who moan the loudest and throw their toys out the pram actually know very little

Long distance clara:
As a trainer i can not wait until 2014 when you :open_mouth: all bugger off out the industry. i have read this post, nvq and the 999 post and to be honest those 3 posts make this industry look rubbish.
You say the CPC makes the industry look less attractive, i would argue some of the petty stupid moaning and the attitude of a lorry driver knows everything or the post on who has hit a vehicle on purpose has done as much damage if not more. If you read that drivel would it make you want to join?

Anyone in the construction industry has to do courses including the cleaner. First Aiders update every three years, flt driver every three years, any instruction around 3-5 years including getting our own dcpc to drive. Sales staff constantly on courses. Fire Marshalls the list goes on and on. Yes the company pays for a lot of what I mentioned and most companies will pay for the dcpc.

I agree there are bad trainers but as i have said dont be a keyboard warrior have it with the trainer and then complain to jaupt.

The FTA are trying to get testing introduced into the dcpc. Most will welcome this but some will moan.

The DCPC is meant to refresh your knowledge the NVQ is just someone watching you to make sure you meet the right standards, in other words no teaching. But people are moaning they never learnt anything on the NVQ. Its not that type of course. With DCPC i get drivers telling me they no everything about drivers hours. i ask why ate you sitting on a drivers hours course then?

What I am trying to say is this site that I promote a lot in my training seems to be going down hill. Full of know it all moaners who seem to come across as no little. In my experience the ones who moan the loudest and throw their toys out the pram actually know very little

Here here

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

On the plus side … any driver coming into this country will also have to have the DCPC… as will all the little Miss goody 2 shoes who drive around in their 7 1/2 t horse boxies attending their daughters pony club compatitions …

Done mine and the amount of drivers on the verious sessions that didnt have a clue what hrs they could or more so couldnt do was astounding…

nick2008:
On the plus side … any driver coming into this country will also have to have the DCPC… as will all the little Miss goody 2 shoes who drive around in their 7 1/2 t horse boxies attending their daughters pony club compatitions …

Incorrect re the pony club - no DCPC required at all - vosa.gov.uk/guide-for-horsebox-owners

Private (non commercial) use of a 7.5 does not require a tacho or O licence or DCPC - many get confused with the terminology of Hire and Reward and assume that any sort of reward such as a rosette or a few quid means it becomes commercial but it does not

One person can fully cover the costs of the horsebox owner in order to transport a horse that does not belong to the horsebox owner and that is still classed as private as no profit has been made and nor was there an intention of doing so

@Clara

I appreciate what you are saying and agree with most of it.

I’m about to do my third module and I’m one of those that accept that the DCPC is here to stay. The main complaint I have against it is that the format means that no-one can take it seriously. The fact that you can do the same course 5 times and still get the card, or that just turning up will also get your card means that everyone regards it as just a mickey-mouse, money extracting process. I’m paying £50 a go for each module at the moment and I suspect prices will increase when the deadline approaches. At the moment the two companies I’ve used so far are booked up at least 6 months in advance so I plan to have my card by the middle of 2013, even though I’m not currently driving a great deal.

Come 2014 the majority of drivers who intend to stay in the industry will have got their DCPC card. There will probably be a few people who will not do it and unless they are O/D they will have problems getting work through any reputable employer - that’s up to them.

Until the DCPC is included as part of the requirement for renewal of the LGV licence and the courses are actually standardised then it will be looked upon as what it is - a waste of time and money.

tallyman:
Until the DCPC is included as part of the requirement for renewal of the LGV licence and the courses are actually standardised then it will be looked upon as what it is - a waste of time and money.

Cannot put DCPC as a licence requirement because of all the private LGV drivers.

If the DCPC is to stay then it needs changing dramatically to accomodate the needs of the individual driver and there needs to be tests to determine that any training has been assimilated properly

At the moment a driver may learn something in a 7 hour session but what they should be doing is learning for virtually the whole of that session
One example could be the driver who perhaps has a lack of knowledge of weekly rests but has to sit through the rest of the session just to get that bit !!

The DCPC has still not addressed what a driver does most … the driving - that does not have to be on the road but could be discussing senarios and attitudes with the trainer giving advice etc during the session

Only when common sense is applied will anything change … so no chance if the politicians are in the ‘driving seat’

Clara, you would vote for it as you make money out of it. Tell us why nonsensical modules like Driver Welfare make us any better. My driving wont benefit having been lectured on how much crap is in a big mac or a kebab. The NVQs you seem to be in praise of prove nothing, but just create jobs to get the unemployment figures down. I’ve got heavy plant NVQs and I’ll tell you, many who have them know how to do it by the book, but cab’t drive to save their life.

Tallyman I understand that. For me this course is about the skill of the instructor, the worse thing that could happen is standardising courses as the industry is to vast for this to happen. Taylor made courses are available but company will not pay for that.

As for a Micky mouse course again I refer to the instructor. if they have the same attitude as the driver I agree a waste of time. On Saturday I asked two drivers to pack there things up and go home as they were constantly on their phone texting. Both appologised and took the course seriously. This also sent the message to the others that this is not micky mouse. We still had a laugh and a joke but when we had to be seriouse we was. imo how a course should be.

As for the 5 times I can understand the logic of this but there should be a time scale i.e drivers hours2012 can not resit until 2013. If they said you can not do the same modul twice people who genuinly found things a struggle would still struggle and if there was a law change they possibly would not know.

Muckaway:
My driving wont benefit having been lectured on how much crap is in a big mac or a kebab.

Whilst that may be true, its also true that …“what type of foods are easy to cook in the cab and healthy”…have been frequent questions on here :laughing:

Just because others have had to pay for vocational qualifications, does not mean that everyone has to :imp:
It has all been a cash raising exercise, by the Government and dodgy middle men/women :imp:
Makes the employment stats look better.

All it does for anybody, is take hard earned out of their respective pockets…At a time when it is harder to earn.

If someone can tell me if that is right and proper, then please do so.

And those jumping on the training bandwagon…I hex you all.

Att thanks for that :smiley:

shep532:

Boneheed:
i mean how many other Jobs do you have to PAY! to do your job!!

Plenty. As a DCPC trainer I have to pay to be able to do my job. Just paid almost £1600 to JAUPT last week and that’ll only last 1 year.

There’s plenty of people have to pay some kind of fee to carry on doing what they do.

But do they do it to earn £6.20 per hour? :unamused:

You’ve paid £1600 to JAUPT for a licence to print money, we have to then pay £60 quid to you for you to stand there for 7hrs telling us how to do the job we’ve been doing for years, sometimes (not you personally) giving false information and other times useless information.

Next we’ll be told the bit at the start where everyone introduces themselves is worthwhile and not to make the course longer. God I hate that. I know everybody on the course (my Dad’s one of them ffs) so why the need to say how long I’ve been there?
As for “you get what you put in” how about everyone keep quiet, nod when appropriate, and believe the bs until the course is over. It gets it over and done quicker ( we finished our last one over half hour early because we didn’t argue.)

Stop calling the Dcpc training! :unamused:
It’s a required attendance course! Nothing to do with training for experienced drivers. :wink:
Newbies maybe.

I think cpc is a good thing but needs some changes like testing more hands on learning iv done the lot and the ones that say they dont need it are the ones that do. We had a lad on driving hours who thought the split brakes was 30 min followed by 15mins see people forget things or didnt know in the first place so there should be training its just been done wrong.

Angus25:
I think cpc is a good thing but needs some changes like testing more hands on learning iv done the lot and the ones that say they dont need it are the ones that do. We had a lad on driving hours who thought the split brakes was 30 min followed by 15mins see people forget things or didnt know in the first place so there should be training its just been done wrong.

2 choices with that lad, either:

1. he doesn’t do split breaks… or
  2. 1st time he does it, tacho downloaded, infringement picked up, explanation given by TM (as is SUPPOSED to happen), infringement signed, on his way with the knowledge required.