DriverOne's ramblings & observations

Blog if you like.

Hopefully, it will be short & sweet with specific points. I just don’t have time to do a diary.

I’m back out on the road on a regular basis again now normally tramping Friday - Sunday.

Each week i will try to post something i’ve noticed.

Feel free to add your comments if relevant.

Last weekend the one thing which stood out:

Southbound on the M6 Sunday morning just north of J14.

Overtaken by an Eddie Stobart motor. I didn’t get the unit’s name. PX54 BCV
More often than not when overtaking or being overtaken, i look accross at the other driver.

On this occasion, a middle aged guy, gave me a nice wave, smile & thumbs up. No particular reason, i hadn’t done anything to assist his progress, just showing some camaraderie. Made me smile & a good feeling for the day.

That day i did (from about 12 miles out of Fleetwood) to Sawston, Cambridgeshire & back to Fleetwood. 462 miles.

On the return run i stuck exactly to 50 on the A15 & 40 on A roads. Luckily i had no hold ups or topsy turvy caravans (unusual for a Sunday in June!)
Average speed for the whole trip 50mph!

On joining the M55 i set cruise control on the limiter & didn’t touch it again until arriving at road works (40 limit) at BIrmingham.

Driveroneuk:
On this occasion, a middle aged guy, gave me a nice wave, smile & thumbs up. No particular reason, i hadn’t done anything to assist his progress, just showing some camaraderie. Made me smile & a good feeling for the day.

You’re in there :exclamation: :wink: :wink:

ROG:

Driverzone:

You’re in there :!: :wink: :wink:

Woo Hoo, you are awful

This is supposed to be a hopefully interesting blog type thread, please don’t fill it with childish comments. :cry:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Well D1 all I can say is sometimes the right attitude goes a long way :wink:

It is sometimes the smallest gesture that can put you in a positive,relaxed and therefore productive state of mind :smiley:

a small hope that there are still some nice drivers on the road :sunglasses:

I’ve found that if you are overtaking another truck and as you get level with their cab and they start the speed up thing, a smile, wave and/or thumbs up brings a sharp halt to their plans. They aren’t used to that sort of behaviour and it confuses them so much they seem to forget about speeding up to hold you out there. :wink: :smiley:

Note: I’m not suggesting you were speeding up Jonathan it’s just a general observation.

Driveroneuk:
This is supposed to be a hopefully interesting blog type thread, please don’t fill it with childish comments. :cry:

no offence D1, but it’s going to need more than “a stobart driver waved at me” and “no caravans overturned” to get into the interesting category :wink: :laughing: :laughing: