Driverhire Sheffield office ............ closed

Im not knocking this branch of driverhire, as they have done me well over several years. so I dont want this to turn into a driverhire slagging off thread.

however
I was talking last night to another driver, and was told Driverhire Sheffield office has closed.
However not being someone who;

1. believes all rumours & storys are true
  2. prefer to check the info is correct, by going stright to the source

I contacted Alison who runs the office, asking if its closed etc. In reply I was told:
“hi P***** …it is temporarily closed, all being well and sorted, possible re-open in a couple of weeks”.

how, what, & why it is closed, Im not party to that info, but Im just pointing out to any others who may be on the books the present situation.
I was intending to head into town for a licence check tommorrow, so it looks like I`ve 1 less stop off to do

From conversations I’ve had with franchisees, it costs a bloody fortune to run one - think the thick end of £200,000 just to open the doors and staff the office. Because Driverhire is a bloody greedy company, the franchisees are forced to either quote completely uncompetitive rates so they don’t get the work, as its easy to undercut them, or have to pay low wages so they don’t get decent drivers and end up still not getting the work in the long run due to the poor level of competency of the drivers.

I suspect that the franchisee has sold it and a new one is taking over so its shut while the transition takes place. Certainly is what happened in Hull as they had to move premises too as the original franchisee kept trading as an agency but under another name.

DriverHire Lincoln has also closed down.

Conor:
I suspect that the franchisee has sold it and a new one is taking over so its shut while the transition takes place.

Conor:
the original franchisee kept trading as an agency but under another name.

I suspect these 2 points have some validity, I was aware of the franchise being up for sale for some time