Agency Work?

I am looking at the possibility of doing class 1 agency work just for saturday & sunday nights. Does anyone know of any decent agencies and the rates that they may pay? Also, I don’t want to be travelling too far for the work, max about 45 mins driving from Goole.

Cheers y’all. :slight_smile:

I know drivertemps were putting drivers in at mfi at howden. Not sure what shifts though.

Bones:
I know drivertemps were putting drivers in at mfi at howden. Not sure what shifts though.

I doubt they’re putting that many in anymore. They knocked most of them on the head at Xmas and there’s barely enough work to keep their own drivers running.

i was offered work in there only last month? :confused:

Been in touch with Top Gear ( anyone know owt about them) and they have offered minimum £12 p/h sat and min £14 p/hr sun. What do you reckon?

penfold:
Been in touch with Top Gear ( anyone know owt about them) and they have offered minimum £12 p/h sat and min £14 p/hr sun. What do you reckon?

sounds about right for your area plus not self employed ( WITHOUT STARTING THAT ARGUEMENT AGAIN )

although in leeds you would be looking at a couple of quid an hour more.

the best jobs that are 18/19 quid an hour go to the full time agency bods which isnt me.

Conor:

Bones:

I doubt they’re putting that many in anymore. They knocked most of them on the head at Xmas and there’s barely enough work to keep their own drivers running.

I was told the same by DT only a month or two ago, apparently they sent two drivers there for an induction and MFI promptly booked them up for the whole of the next week. Not sure if they’ve had much since then or not though.

Paul

Bones:
i was offered work in there only last month? :confused:

Yeah you would do…summer holidays.

Hello mate thanks for psm.

Can highly recommend Maine Recruitment 01302 802095 Neil or Liz.

They put drivers into Rockware Glass @ Doncaster- only 20 mins from Goole. Work is good and usually 12 hour shifts and relaxed-no one chasing you.
Hourly rate is £12 Sat and £16 Sun various start times.

Have decided LIFT is not for me so going back on agency for a while.

MARCH284:
Have decided LIFT is not for me so going back on agency for a while.

glad to see you gave it a chance.

penfold:
I am looking at the possibility of doing class 1 agency work just for saturday & sunday nights.

Does anyone know of any decent agencies and the rates that they may pay?

Also, I don’t want to be travelling too far for the work, max about 45 mins driving from Goole.

I would recommend Ace Recruitment in Normanton.

drivelink.co.uk/

dparr59:
http://www.drivelink.co.uk/

You got to be joking mate…"sign to say you will pay towards …accidents…oh by the way we like you to join this composite company…and you can even claim parking at the clients as expenses :confused:

a mate thats ex-army uses’s them and he thinks there ok and he only works 3 days a week ( his choice ) delivering car part’s to solihull / newcastle.

Bones is from castleford what does he think?

dparr59:
a mate thats ex-army

Well that explains everything then. :unamused: Say no more.

Some agencies make a lot of money from unclaimed holiday pay.