Agency Work

I never thought this would happen, but i thihnk ive found a really decent agency to work for. Still only have C1 (7.5 tonne) on my licence, got theory again on 3rd july.

I registered with the agency on friday, they had me in working saturday night doing a run to bournemouth airport in a transit connect. at £10 an hour . Totaling 7 hours working time = £70 better for me :smiley:

ive also been in yesterday (moday) at 6am to go from atherstone (The Sandwich Factory) to Hatfield Booker RDC. totalling 8 hours (got stuck on the M1 on way back, was 15 mins from the yard and had to stop for my 45 :angry: )

Just got back from todays run for the same place. Taking me from Atherstone, to Norton Canes Services (M6 Toll) , Easyjet in Liverpool , John Lennon Airport , Lime Street Station, then Preston Station. Started at 3am , finished for 14:30.

Back in again at 03:30 tommorow and thursday .

They directly asked me if i was available next week before i came home today , so it just goes to show that there are some decent agencies around, you just have to hunt for them .

My Agency sent a new guy into the factory today, heard through the grapevine he wont be coming back to the sandwich factory again. He boasted to the TM / Shift Manager, he was doing 110mph in the new transit connect’s lol.

BigJon:
My Agency sent a new guy into the factory today, heard through the grapevine he wont be coming back to the sandwich factory again. He boasted to the TM / Shift Manager, he was doing 110mph in the new transit connect’s lol.

■■■■.

good on you mate, at least your not shy of work.

what was you drivng when you were 15 minutes from home and had to have a 45?

7.5 tonne with digi tacho

BigJon:
I registered with the agency on friday, they had me in working saturday night doing a run to bournemouth airport in a transit connect. at £10 an hour . Totaling 7 hours working time = £70 better for me :smiley:

Most agencies would pay a minimum 8 hours for a shift…

yes most the agencies i have had work from before did pay minimum of 8 hours.
as its my first week i will find out what i get paid properly on friday when the £££ appear in my bank account. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you’ve got some good work mate! You have a PM :wink: :laughing: :sunglasses:

While not wanting to rain on your parade,as a seasoned agency bod,I can tell you that new guys tend to get a lot of work,as the agency like to make you think they are busy,and after the honeymoon period,you’ll find that it may well go quiet for you.

It may not be the case though,and you need to ask other guys who work there as well,how good/busy they are.

And as mentioned previously,agencies guarantee 8 hours.

Ken.

I queried the 8 hour with the agency involved and they sai dits a special contract with the Sandwich Factory to pay only minimum of 6 hours as the rounds are so short. BUT to do that they must pay Overtime after 6 hours is what our agency said to them. As im in a 7.5t getting upto Preston via Liverpool, tipping my load at about 7 drops, i can quite easliy clock up a 12 hour shift :slight_smile: and our place pays for your breaks too. so its not as bad as it first looks.

Also got the opportunity of permanent job after few months