driver cpc

could anyone tell if i will loose my hgv class 1 lience if i dont do my cpc. i got my lience in about 1991 and last used it about 8,10 years ago. thanks diggerjones

no emphatically no

thanks but could you elaberate

Your licence is yours to keep - subject to bans and medicals etc.

The dCPC is required if you want to use your licence for a commercial reason, ie haulage

thats sound good then. the only time i may want to use it, is may be takeing stuff to steam rallys and such. also i’ve done a few aid convoys but like has been said its not for hire or reward. i dont think i will have any desires to earn my living from driving trucks again. thanks all for the info

diggerjones:
thats sound good then. the only time i may want to use it, is may be takeing stuff to steam rallys and such. also i’ve done a few aid convoys but like has been said its not for hire or reward. i dont think i will have any desires to earn my living from driving trucks again. thanks all for the info

You’ll be fine with those

The licence and the dcpc are two separate issues

Those driving LGV horseboxes for private use do not need driver cpc because what they are doing is non commercial

Private driving of LGVs of 7.5 tonnes GVW or less are exempt tacho regs but those driving private LGVs where the GVW is more than 7.5 tonnes come under full tacho regs

Accepting monies for expenses is not classed as commercial if it does not make or intend to make a profit

thanks all