Driver cpc/ADR course

Hi all

I read somewhere this week that doing a ADR course counts as 28 hours towards your driver cpc :question:
Can anybody shed some light on this thanks in advance

dafman28:
Hi all

I read somewhere this week that doing a ADR course counts as 28 hours towards your driver cpc :question:
Can anybody shed some light on this thanks in advance

Hi dafman28,

An ADR course can count as 7, 14, 21 or 28 hours towards DCPC.

The number of DCPC hours will depend on several factors, such as which ADR modules you wish to do and the way in which the ADR provider has notified JAUPT about the way they run their ADR courses.

If you live in scotland you can get a £200 grant from ILA valid for 1year. best deal iv found is including grant £369 at ritchies that includes 5days ADR ( probly the most boring training course in the whole wide world) and 2 days for DCPC… not bad i thort, was gonna do in febuary but have job now so hopefully employer will pay…

thanks for that dieseldave at least i be able to do something for the driver cpc that will be usefull :smiley: :smiley:

pavarotti unfortunatley i live in yorkshire and am a self employed o/d so will have to pay for it myself :cry:

pavaroti:
If you live in scotland you can get a £200 grant from ILA valid for 1year. best deal iv found is including grant £369 at ritchies that includes 5days ADR ( probably the most boring training course in the whole wide world) and 2 days for DCPC… not bad i thought, was gonna do in February but have job now so hopefully employer will pay…

I enquired about ILA there is a salary cap on it which ruled me out :imp:

But if you earn under 22k its completely free and you don’t have to pay it back. More people should use it :wink:

Yes there is a salery cap but s/e agency drivers who operate as a ltd company will have no problem with this… maybe theres a grant available in england too… If not, thank you english taxpayer for subsidising scotland :slight_smile:

dafman28:
thanks for that dieseldave at least i be able to do something for the driver cpc that will be usefull :smiley: :smiley:

pavarotti unfortunatley i live in yorkshire and am self employed so will have to pay for it myself :cry:

So you will be able to claim the tax & vat ( if registered ) back also as it is for work you can set it off against your end of year earnings so dont have to pay for it your self really

hi guys , who do i contact regarding this adr grant , im getting £200 whipped of my wages the week i attend the course , any info would be much appreciated , thanks .