ADR-DCPC

It looks like I’ll be funding my own DCPC and was thinking of which is the best way to do it. If I am funding this would I be better doing my ADR and using that training to gain my DCPC? Not sure how many hours training you need for an ADR? Can you fail an ADR course? I know if you do the DCPC you just turn up and sit there and get talked at for 35 hours with no exam at the end. Whats the difference in price between the 2?

Any help/advice gratefully appreciated.

Fileep:
It looks like I’ll be funding my own DCPC and was thinking of which is the best way to do it. If I am funding this would I be better doing my ADR and using that training to gain my DCPC? Not sure how many hours training you need for an ADR? Can you fail an ADR course? I know if you do the DCPC you just turn up and sit there and get talked at for 35 hours with no exam at the end. Whats the difference in price between the 2?

Any help/advice gratefully appreciated.

Iam looking at doing the same adr with 21 cpc hours inc is 566 pound and you can fail adr. That all i know bud

Although you can fail an ADR course, the hours (assuming it’s JAUPT approved and upload fees paid) will still go towards your dCPC

This is how I am planning on achieving my DCPC

Driver health, Defensive and fuel efficient driving (3.5 hours).
Drivers Hours (3.5 hours).
Digital Tachograph Rules (3.5 hours).
Load Safety (3.5 Hours)
ADR (21 hours)
Core Module (required by all entrants)
Packages Module
Tanker Module
UN Classes Modules 2,3,4,5,6,8,9.

The whole course is done over 7 days,

Just been searching t’internet and have found a company doing DCPC at £55 per 7 hour day + £8.75 upload fee. So that’s a touch over £300. Now the question is, am I better off spending the extra couple of hundred and getting the ADR? Decisions eh!

Thats what Im thinking of doing. Will it pay off?............Hang on Ill get me crystal ball!

I did the ADR course for tanks and packages a few years ago thinking Id get a better job. I didnt.
Then it expired. Then of course a couple of cushty jobs comes up delivering fuel oil to farrms ect up the dales…and I didn`t have it anymore!

I really dont know. I suppose itd be more rewarding to do than just sitting there getting told how to be polite and to best exit a lorry with a three point hold and which way round to wear a Hi-viz.

waynedl:
Although you can fail an ADR course, the hours (assuming it’s JAUPT approved and upload fees paid) will still go towards your dCPC

With the multiple choice test have you ever met anyone that has failed ADR??

hi Guys,
i’m also wanting to do my ADR in the lancashire. i’m ready to do it any time in February. anyone know of a reputable company in the north west that offers this at a good price?from your experience, what prices am i looking at for all the packages, class 1-9? much help appreciated.

BigT_Burnley:
hi Guys,
i’m also wanting to do my ADR in the lancashire. i’m ready to do it any time in February. anyone know of a reputable company in the north west that offers this at a good price?from your experience, what prices am i looking at for all the packages, class 1-9? much help appreciated.

PM sent :smiley: I certainly know someone …

Can I use HIAB training as part of my DCPC? Was also thinking ADR and may still do it, but HIAB and ADR would be canny

renaultman:
Can I use HIAB training as part of my DCPC? Was also thinking ADR and may still do it, but HIAB and ADR would be canny

If it’s a JAUPT approved training centre and course and they upload it, then yes.

Shep532, I’ve pm’d Dieseldave because I want to do mine too, but I want to learn it not just get the cert, his sig says making ADR as easy as ABC, that’d do for me, but he’s not replied, so can you pm me too??

Thanks

waynedl:

renaultman:

If it’s a JAUPT approved training centre and course and they upload it, then yes.

Shep532, I’ve pm’d Dieseldave because I want to do mine too, but I want to learn it not just get the cert, his sig says making ADR as easy as ABC, that’d do for me, but he’s not replied, so can you pm me too??

Thanks

If He’s setting a course up. I would be interested too. I need to get something started and I might as well give my money to someone I’ve vaguely heard of on an internet forum, rather than a total stranger. :smiley:

I did ADR last year & because I had to fund my own dcpc, it came in very handy to gain some the hours needed for dcpc, did my adr in Ellesmere Port ( merseyside) with JMD Training, it was a very good course, well worth me travelling up country for & we had a brilliant tuitor (second to none in my opion), & an exellent way of teaching.
I did core packages 7 classes, & passed :smiley: , & went back up a second time to do tankers , & passed :smiley: , it suited me personally to travel up country twice, as I see my family at the same time :wink: , athough you can do everything in the same week if you wanted to. I’m well pleased with my results & would definatley recommend the course :smiley: You could ask diesel dave he realy knows his adr stuff :smiley:

renaultman:

waynedl:

renaultman:

Thanks

If He’s setting a course up. I would be interested too. I need to get something started and I might as well give my money to someone I’ve vaguely heard of on an internet forum, rather than a total stranger. :smiley:

He does know his stuff btw he may be along later to answer any questions

Yep you can fail ADR as it does have an exam at the end but all multi choice questions although if you listen make notes & have a good tutor you will pass np

Try here adr-courses.co.uk/

Yep it is worth travelling a I did & know a few other people for up here that travelled to Ellsmere Port for the course

BUMP

Sorry, but I’m looking to sort this sooner rather than later whilst I’m out of work.

franklin:

waynedl:

With the multiple choice test have you ever met anyone that has failed ADR??

Yes only ever 1, but he did fail, he was a class 2 driver, but last time I saw him he was working as a yard man for a transport firm.

waynedl:
BUMP

Sorry, but I’m looking to sort this sooner rather than later whilst I’m out of work.

I’m definitely interested when you get something sorted (consider this another bump)
I we spend 7 hours bumping this will he be allowed it as a course in road traffic management? :wink:

Fileep:
Just been searching t’internet and have found a company doing DCPC at £55 per 7 hour day + £8.75 upload fee. So that’s a touch over £300. Now the question is, am I better off spending the extra couple of hundred and getting the ADR? Decisions eh!

There’s decent DCPC around for less than that depending where you are in the country.

I’ve now answered all PMs sent, sorry for the delay. :blush: :blush:

Fileep:

Thats the question I’ve been mulling over.

For me the answer is no, round here ADR gets you no extra work, and when you use it no extra pay. Its the same with the Hiab. I’ll just be doing a std CPC, mainly as I don’t drive full time so want it as cheap as possible. Buts its a case of each to their own.