ADR Training + drivers cpc

right a few things, trying to find an adr training centre near me, well edinburgh/glasgow/perth or dundee at a push

also i think i read somewhere that it counts for 21 hours towards the 35 hours of the cpc needed

YOU MIGHT NEED…

I’M SURE HE WILL BE ALONG SOON :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Or you can click the picture of the ADR Truck to send him a PM (Private Message) :bulb:

Basic info on the ADR - scroll about half way down the page.

21 hours can count for THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC as long as the course is JAUPT approved.
The course might cost a little more than one without Dcpc but it will probably work out to about £75 (or less) for 21 hours - £25 for each 7 hours, not bad !!

yea i mean i have the money and works slack right now so what better time than now to do it, but i just need to find a place that puts it towards the dcpc.

gogzy:
yea i mean i have the money and works slack right now so what better time than now to do it, but i just need to find a place that puts it towards the dcpc.

Dieseldave will most likely come up with a list of ADR providers in your area and you can call them or check out the ADR providers website to find out if their course is Dcpc approved.

gogzy:
right a few things, trying to find an adr training centre near me, well edinburgh/glasgow/perth or dundee at a push

also i think i read somewhere that it counts for 21 hours towards the 35 hours of the cpc needed

Hi gogzy,
Yes mate, ADR can count 21 hours towards DCPC, provided that the ADR provider can confirm that they can credit you with those DCPC hours, you could ask them, or check the particular provider’s website. You should make it clear at the time of booking whether you wish to obtain the 21-hour credit towards your DCPC. Please also realise that DCPC will involve you in some extra cost due to upload and registration fees, which are beyond the provider’s control.

Here are some providers in your chosen mileage area, but they’re in no particular order, so you’d best contact all of them so that you are comparing on a like-for-like basis. Due to fuel costs, the cheapest ADR provider may not offer the best overall value if they are very far away from you, so please check carefully. :wink:

In your case, I’d suggest that you could save money by leaving out the tanker module, unless there’s a very strong possibility of you needing it. :smiley:
Please be aware that the ADR tanker module CANNOT be counted towards DCPC. :wink:

LAGTA Ltd
LAGTA House
Woodside Eurocentral
Motherwell
ML1 4UY
Tel: 01698 835420
Email and website sales@lagta.co.uk

GTG Training Ltd
1330 South Street
Glasgow
G14 0BJ
Tel: 0141 950 5600
Email and website: glasgow@gtg.co.uk

Orion PSL
Suite 6, Wilson Business Park
1 Queen Elizabeth Avenue
Glasgow
G52 4NQ
Tel: 0141 883 7760
Email and website: paul.hastie@orionpsl.co.uk

DHL Freight (UK) Ltd
DHL Freight Safety Team
Coddington Crescent Eurocentral
Motherwell
ML1 4YF
Tel: 0870 2200 468 ext8118
Email and website: stephen.mccabe@dhl.com

Ritchies HGV Training Centre
Hobden Street
Glasgow
G21 4AQ
Tel: 0141 557 2212
Email and website: david@ritchiestraining.co.uk

Nithcree Training Services
Currie European Yard
Edinburgh Road
Dumfries
DG1 3NX
Tel: 01387 256528
Email: nithcreetraining@btconnect.com

Jim Mair Driver Training
Meiklewood Yard
Glasgow Road
Kilmarnock
KA3 6AG
Tel: 01560 600060
email and website email@jimmairdrivertraining.com

Try Services Training
84 Parkhall Road
Clydebank
G81 3RS
Tel: 01389 872059
email: michaelcurrie1965@talktalk.net

I hope that little lot helps you mate. :smiley:

right got a reply from one of the places,

375 for the full 5 day course + 8.50 for the dcpc registration.

covers core/tankers/packages/ classes 2-9

sounds good to me

gogzy:

sounds good to me

Hi gogzy,
That sounds like a good price to me mate. :smiley:

Did you read what I wrote about the tanker module??
Honestly mate, you could very probably save some money if you leave it out. :wink:
Just think… you CANNOT get any DCPC hours for the tanker module, and I’d say that in real life you’re possibly unlikely to need it. :wink:
You are allowed to add the tanker module at any time you like, you don’t have to do the whole lot in one go. :smiley:

:open_mouth: Blimey, I’m worried now…
I’m trying to suggest that a Scot can save money and he might have missed my little tip :wink:

Did you ask whether the £375 includes VAT and the ADR exam marking fees?
Did you ask whether the £8.50 for DCPC registration includes the upload fee?
Did you ask whether the £8.50 is for the whole 21 hours?

:bulb: TIP:
You may need to have another chat with them. :wink: :grimacing:

gogzy:

sounds good to me

Would that include the exam fees?

forgot to add the 20 quid for the exam fees

never asked about if it was with vat because it was in an email, as for the tanks ill prob get rid of them cause i dont think id ever wanna be doing them as a job

gogzy:
forgot to add the 20 quid for the exam fees

never asked about if it was with vat because it was in an email, as for the tanks ill prob get rid of them cause i dont think id ever wanna be doing them as a job

Hi gogzy, I’m doing my best to save your money for you mate. :wink:

The ADR exam marking fee is £20 PER EACH INDIVIDUAL EXAM

If you take Core, Packs and seven classes, there are two exam options open to the provider.

Option #1
Core, Packs and seven individual classes = 9 X £20 = £180 in exam marking fees

Option #2
Core, packs and classes by the common characteristics route = 5 X £20 = £100 in exam marking fees

Both of these options would leave you with the same ADR certificate at the end, but the costs of the two options are SIGNIFICANTLY different if you’re spending your own cash. :open_mouth:

Now then gogzy, Mr ROG gave you a link and a suggestion, so I’ll also suggest that you take the time to look at it. In particular, I’d suggest that you read my answer to adam79 but the rest of the pages in the ADR ‘sticky’ will give you some insight as to what ADR is all about. :wink:

:open_mouth: Please don’t think that I’m having a pop at you mate, cos I’m actually trying to help you look after your cash. :wink:

I really do suggest that you phone more than one of the providers that I gave you AND that you ask the them the right questions before you make your choice and a possibly expensive mistake. :grimacing:

:bulb: I’ve showed you where the water is, so now it’s up to you whether you wish to drink it. I’m trying my best to be useful and helpful, but with the greatest respect, you might need to make a little more effort in your own interest otherwise you might miss important stuff like saving some of your money. :wink: :smiley:

cheers dave and rog, i shall look into this more and make a few calls before i do put down some dosh etc

just had that company on the phone, i HAVE to do all the packages/tanks core etc for it to count for the dcpc apparently plus 20 quid for each exam on top then the vat.

is that true?

gogzy:
just had that company on the phone, i HAVE to do all the packages/tanks core etc for it to count for the dcpc apparently plus 20 quid for each exam on top then the vat.

is that true?

Hi gogzy, the part that isn’t true is the bit about the tanker module.
This part isn’t right either: (in your own words) “plus 20 quid for each exam on top then the vat”

THE ADR TANKER MODULE CANNOT BE COUNTED TOWARDS THE DCPC, NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY :wink:

VAT might be payable on the course teaching fee, but VAT IS NOT PAYABLE ON THE EXAM FEES.

:arrow_right: :bulb: I gave you a heads-up regarding a difference of £80 so… DID YOU ASK HOW MANY EXAMS THERE WOULD BE??

There are now only three options:

1. You didn’t ask the right questions
  2. You didn’t understand their answers
  3. You were misinformed

It’s not for me to say which it is, but something isn’t right here mate, so please be careful. :wink:

if i did the core/packages tanks and classes 2-5 then thats 5 exams,

the vat wasnt ont he exam price but the course price

gogzy:
if i did the core/packages tanks and classes 2-5 then thats 5 exams

From what dieseldave wrote earlier that may not be the correct assumption…

dieseldave:
Option #1
Core, Packs and seven individual classes = 9 X £20 = £180 in exam marking fees

Option #2
Core, packs and classes by the common characteristics route = 5 X £20 = £100 in exam marking fees

…did you ask which of the above they were doing :question:

Gordon I might not have the greatest of knowledge on this subject I’ll tell you that for a fact, but I know dave knows his stuff mate drop him a pm or something for his number and get him to talk you through it all, much easier than reading off the comp, specially with all that voddy in your veins hic :stuck_out_tongue: {see i did the smiley} he’ll put you right with it all, it fried my head when I asked him about it but he said to ring him, and he put it all right for me, top bloke, he’ll see you don’t go wrong bud :wink:

im not denying dave doesnt know his stuff, its just im a lil dosile when it comes to spending money…ya know tight scottish git haha. lets see how much lucy can extract from me at the weekend.

gogzy:
ya know tight scottish git haha.

Hi gogzy,
We can have a chat and I’ll explain how ADR courses work if you PM me a phone number and a convenient time to phone. :smiley:

:bulb: You might think you’re tight now, but you’re only a beginner, so I’ll take you to a new level. :grimacing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: