Dover Calais by car

Fancy a jaunt over to surrender monkey land next month to go to EuroDisney.

Obviously the quickest route is Dover-Calais,but I want to know the cheapest way to do it.

Any ideas?

Ken.

i always use seafrance, i booked couple of weeks in advance and i got it for 58quid return for car, i go down to the south of france 3 times a year to visit family.

Book it in advance on the internet, whatever you do don’t just “turn up and go”.

Norfolk Line from Dover to Dunkirk will probably be a little cheaper that P & O or Sea France, and the ships are probably better than anything else on the short sea crossing. A few miles further to drive when you get off, and a longer crossing but the fares reflect this.

Quinny:

Obviously the quickest route is Dover-Calais,but I want to know the cheapest way to do it.

Any ideas?

Ken.

Surrender Monkey land .Brits abroad! Why bother? got your union jack shorts nicely ironed?

Anyone used any hotels near Euro Disney?

Ken.

When we thought it was a good idea to go to Holland for the weekend the best price we got was Euro Tunnel £56.00 return, considering this was all decided 3.30pm on good Friday I was very impressed.

Have you at least got a price on Hull - Zeebrugge? it might not be as expensive as it sounds as P+O do good deals sometimes and it does save the fuel and hassle of going to Dover.

if you book the tunnel between midnight and 4 in the morning you get it very cheap indeed. but turn up very early and they let you on if theres a space

i used the a ranch that is outside paris and it is a short drive, i think it was call David Crockett something like that its a cabin with a double bed and you get breakfast thrown in

Quinny:

Any ideas?

Ken.

:smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:
Book it in advance on the internet, whatever you do don’t just “turn up and go”.

Norfolk Line from Dover to Dunkirk will probably be a little cheaper that P & O or Sea France, and the ships are probably better than anything else on the short sea crossing. A few miles further to drive when you get off, and a longer crossing but the fares reflect this.

Norfolkline to Dunkerque is usually MUCH cheaper than the others. I am using it all the time.

In the past it could be also cheap to use Speedferries to Bologne, but they are busted AFAIK.

Going over in August. P and O Dover to Calais. Got a 13.45 Wed out and return 21.25 Tues. £55.00 return. Didn’t think that was bad for high season.

the tunnel is fast and cheaper if you pre-book & travel off peak.

They also have an offer at the moment, you have to buy 10x single crossings in advance to use within 12months but it works out at only £35 per corssing.

The fast lane / flexi ticket is ace - you get to skip to the front of the queue and get free food and magazines but about £300 return :open_mouth: Also, why is it the free mag is always motorboats?

I would keep an eye on the red tops, they often offer cheap deals, (or so I am told) :wink: but it is probaby cheaper to get a deal on P&O out of Hull to Zeebrugge than driving to Dover. it is a relaxed crossing with time to have a drink and a meal although the food is not cheap for commoners :laughing:

I usually find P&O the cheapest for day trips, but I sometimes get email offers from them.

This website is loaded with good advice about where to buy stuff and how to ensure you get the cheapest deal on insurances etc. Well worth a look.

moneysavingexpert.com/

This site gives you cashback on your online purchases, I’ve claimed over £200 in the last year.

Topcashback

( topcashback link edited ) jd

Quinny:

Any ideas?

Have you looked at an all in package if not it might be worth a go if you are going to Euro disney and stay at the resort try and go half board as the last time we went a three course meal was around 20 quid with NO DRINKS (november 08) :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

8wheels:
I usually find P&O the cheapest for day trips, but I sometimes get email offers from them.

This website is loaded with good advice about where to buy stuff and how to ensure you get the cheapest deal on insurances etc. Well worth a look.

moneysavingexpert.com/

This site gives you cashback on your online purchases, I’ve claimed over £200 in the last year.

Topcashback

( topcashback link edited ) jd

direct link if you are quick.
moneysavingexpert.com/deals/ … PandOoffer

I’m off to The Netherlands in September as was shocked at the prices.

Eurotunnel £159

P&O £150

Didn’t bother with Seafrance!

I’m off with Norfolk Line…£44 return!

Quinny:

put on a dodgy shell suit, wear some dirty socks with flipflops and climb under a friendly lorry drivers trailer :smiley: :smiley:
cheap as chips :laughing: :laughing:

Last & previuos yrs have used speed ferries Dover Boulonge now bust but I think Ld do it now.I always found booking off an agent cheaper than booking direct get on the search engine

Just been over to do a booze & baccy cruise. Out tues and back weds. £58 rtn on the tunnel. There were posters on the train advertising that Eurotunnel do deals with hotels nears EuroDisney so for one price you get travel and accomodation. Might be worth a look at their site.