Diesel for my car at Calais

Hot on the heels of my Dover/Calais by car thread,How far is the nearest and cheapest garage for diesel for my car once I get off the ferry?

Being a tight wad,I’m only filling my car in this country with enough to get me over the Channel,as Gordon has got enough out of me over the years,and then will fill up once there,and again upon returning.

Ken.

once through the port come off at jnt 3 and theres a total garage just off the jnt you will see it,just over a euro a litre nice food in there too try the baguettes :wink:

Thanks.Just the info I need.

Any more?

Ken.

Yeah the chick with the dark hair has one hell of a rack on her very cute :laughing: check her out :wink:

oh and pidou is next door too so you can stock up on the cheap plonk :wink: :wink:

just out of interest quinny how far through france and what route are you taking cos diesel is cheap on certain routes that we take and i keep an eye out for the cheapest

welshboyinspain:
just out of interest quinny how far through france and what route are you taking cos diesel is cheap on certain routes that we take and i keep an eye out for the cheapest

Only going to Euro Disney for a few days,and leaving blighty next Monday,so I’m guessing E15?

Ken.

Anyone know how much the diesel is at tesco next to the tunnel at folkestone? I filled up there in January as the autoroutes are pricey and the euro was about 1 for 1 then :frowning:.

Quinny:
Only going to Euro Disney for a few days,and leaving blighty next Monday,so I’m guessing E15?

Ken.

A26 - A4. Unless you are taking the whole tight wad thing a step further and sticking to the nationals to avoid the tolls. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

went to france last year,and there was a bp garage just before the docks on the left,just before the ferry terminal heading west to east.fuel wasnt cheap,but neither expensive,and to be honest the fuel prices in france were much the same as in britain.i filled up there before getting on the ferry after running down from newcastle.

Just be careful if you are following Quinny to Eurodisney in your petrol car, the price of unleaded is normally more expensive than the UK. You can save a small amount in the supermarkets but not all can accept UK credit cards, carry some cash too.

last week i saw diesel for 96c so work out that in pence and its no different i don’t think, but be very careful on petrol as its about 1.36 a litre which is dearer than the uk

Thetaff:
once through the port come off at jnt 3 and theres a total garage just off the jnt you will see it,just over a euro a litre nice food in there too try the baguettes :wink:

If you come off at j3 and take 1st exit towards Calais centre there is a hypermarket about half a mile up the road even cheaper.

This is interesting, Im off via Dieppe next week also. So i need a heads up on petrol also between Dieppe and Rouen.

Thx

welshboyinspain:
last week i saw diesel for 96c so work out that in pence and its no different i don’t think, but be very careful on petrol as its about 1.36 a litre which is dearer than the uk

As i found out on Tuesday when i pulled in to the Total next to the pidou. My Jag had a very short sip let me tell you. €1.18 i think i paid. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Cheaper than Calais town tho.

Btw, You’re right about the rack on the dark haired girl. :stuck_out_tongue:

Auchan Calais
auchancalais.com/shopping_centre.asp

Incredible. Prices for fuel are more here than even Sweden and Switzerland. Nice one Gordon. :confused:

Check it out. :open_mouth:

see-search.com/business/fuel … europe.htm

george3:
Incredible. Prices for fuel are more here than even Sweden and Switzerland. Nice one Gordon. :confused:

Check it out. :open_mouth:

see-search.com/business/fuel … europe.htm

That was 2005.

Found a more upto date version.
theaa.com/onlinenews/allabou … ly2009.pdf

Is pidou still open, i got told it had shut down because of immigrants hanging around there.

r-kid:
Is pidou still open, i got told it had shut down because of immigrants hanging around there.

Was open yesterday when I called in.

Koop:
This is interesting, Im off via Dieppe next week also. So i need a heads up on petrol also between Dieppe and Rouen.

Thx

f you need petrol check out tesco before you leave the uk then do the conversion into euros because its between 1.20 and 1.35 a litre at the mo for 95oct.