Double Standards - Weight Limits

Ain’t it remarkable. Now usually I avoid 'em. You can go through all the little villages in Oxford you like (well, on the route I was taking, 'cause I’m a swine like that - I like upsetting the locals if I can leagally do it :grimacing:) if your over 13 ’ 9" high - I was 13’11" :grimacing::wink:. So what’s the point of having the weight limit then? Had a row with a woman who’s going to report me to the Police (this was Tuesday) as I was “too big a lorry and their are lost of signs you shouldn’t be in here with that.” Anyway, I asked here what she wanted me to do, hit a bridge or follow the signed diversion? She’s still going to report me :unamused:. Smacks of trying to placate the locals I think. I can’t see it coming to that as I was following a signed diversion for high vehicles, but what’s the fine for a first offence. My unions solicitors will argue this if it comes to it though :unamused::wink:.

Your just being akward liberace…you should have bashed the bridge :laughing: i dont think anything would happen cos you were following a proper diversion and signposted for overheight vehicles…but i always keep a camera in the cab …and in this instance it would have been justified…hope you dont hear anymore…
have a nice day

Never bother about weight restrictions, unless it’s for a bridge. I now mostly drive a recovery vehicle again & as no one has ever bothered to check where I am going to or from, I go where I want.

Same as Daxi I only ever worry about bridge max weight limits. We deliver/collect plant to/from railway stations across the south east so are always going into weight limits. Always look for the “get out of jail free” sign below the weight limit stating “except for access/loading”.

I always used to worry about weight limits but 18 months on a 8-wheel tipper soon shook that out of me.

Cheers
neilf

Driving down a 7.5t weight limit (except for access) cost me a £120 fine plus £100 in costs :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: .

cost me £100 quid and 3 points and was HOME DELIVERY of 3 pc flippin suits

alix776:
cost me £100 quid and 3 points and was HOME DELIVERY of 3 pc flippin suits

If you had to enter the road to do a delivery then (as long as it has an except for loading/access sign under the restriction sign) you should have fought it as you had a right to be there.

If they get pedantic ask them if they mind the dustcart going down the road to empty their bins or fire engines to stop their houses burning down

ps I think that should read suites as I think an hgv is overkill for a dinner jacket :wink: :laughing: