Double Deckers

Hi had some work on with agency Fridge easy and managed fine Fri.

Sat got a return Trailer but it was a double decker Curtin that was fine to bring back but was not told that i had to wait with the trailer for it to be tipped.
I phoned and asked what they want me to do with it but it was a sunday and no one of any importance or know how knew what to do so i Un coupled and went back to depot 1km away, shut tractor down went in and was told to go back as it needs to be hitched to be operated fine so i asked if someone could show me how to operate it as i never done a D-Decker. Young kid says its ok someone would do it.
Now i had agency phone Wed asking question on what happened told them but got the feeling they were a bit pi**ed off . Havent heared anything since. How do you operate a DD?.

Daross:
How do you operate a DD?.

The same way as a normal curtainsider…
You donbt touch the decks if its a lifting deck trailer…

What do you mean operate?? You pull the curtains as normal and get them to forklift the freight off

Do they not lift up and down by Hydolics?

Daross:
Do they not lift up and down by Hydolics?

No, you’ll notice that in the lifting decks that there are forklift sized holes in the sides…
Do NOT stand underneath the decks and stand well back when a forkie adjusting the height or lowering the deck right down :laughing: :laughing:

So does the tractor need to be coulped to trailer to unload?

Daross:
So does the tractor need to be coulped to trailer to unload?

Do you need to be coupled to a unit with a normal trailer to unload :wink:

have seen some with a pallet lifter. tailift inside the rear doors, these need to have power via anderson lead from unit to operate

green456:
have seen some with a pallet lifter. tailift inside the rear doors, these need to have power via anderson lead from unit to operate

Yes City Link and the other big parcel delivery firms have them, however the OP mentioned curtainside double deck trailers, which as a general rule of thumb dont have a tail lift :wink: