Dont Panic Mr Mannering, Dont Panic ----- PANIC!

Hi Guys

Need some guideance and help. little over 6 weeks ago I did a course for my C & E licence on a Tractor and Trailer, On Test day everything went well but I didint pass due to part of trailer in a bus lane.

Examiner advised to retake test A.S.A.P - due to the high quailty of driving

I went to rebook my test to be advise that the training company have move the vehicle back to there head office,rebooking a test isnt without problems for them.

When I orginally booked the course, I posted a message here and got the pros and the cons of both Wagon and drag & tractor and trailer.

After a long chat with them, we mentioned during the conversation if I would think about doing test with a Wagon & Drag with some extra training.
I have taken them up on the offer as I need to get the C & E done and dusted as soon as.

I cannot see any issues but need some advise from all of you as to the following.

Is there any major differences of reversing a wagon and drag compared to a tractor and trailer and seeing as Ive driven a tractor and trailer for over 25 hrs would you say that driving a wagon and drag be easier for me now

Training next Wednesday and Thursday with the tes booked for Thursday

Swampey:
Hi Guys

Need some guideance and help. little over 6 weeks ago I did a course for my C & E licence on a Tractor and Trailer, On Test day everything went well but I didint pass due to part of trailer in a bus lane.

Examiner advised to retake test A.S.A.P - due to the high quailty of driving

I went to rebook my test to be advise that the training company have move the vehicle back to there head office,rebooking a test isnt without problems for them.

When I orginally booked the course, I posted a message here and got the pros and the cons of both Wagon and drag & tractor and trailer.

After a long chat with them, we mentioned during the conversation if I would think about doing test with a Wagon & Drag with some extra training.
I have taken them up on the offer as I need to get the C & E done and dusted as soon as.

I cannot see any issues but need some advise from all of you as to the following.

Is there any major differences of reversing a wagon and drag compared to a tractor and trailer and seeing as Ive driven a tractor and trailer for over 25 hrs would you say that driving a wagon and drag be easier for me now

Training next Wednesday and Thursday with the tes booked for Thursday

Learning on the artic is always good… switching to a draw bar cornering is easier but you may tend to over compensate and steer to wide around corners…

Also it will probably be a diferant make of truck and gearbox ? You will need to get used to the diferant gear ratios etc…brakes …steering…clutch…

Reversing is similar the main differance is the articulation point will have changed you have the time so practise the reverse untill you are happy.

And good luck…Take in in your stride …

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
switching to a draw bar conering is easier

I hope you meant CORNERING as knocking over CONES (conering - new word invention :slight_smile: ) is frowned upon by the DSA :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
switching to a draw bar conering is easier

I hope you meant CORNERING as knocking over CONES (conering - new word invention :slight_smile: ) is frowned upon by the DSA :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dunno wot u mean Rog …Edit Edit Edit

W+D in my opinion is a little easier than Artic but do be aware that oversteering in a W+D is less easy to compensate when reversing so do try not to bend it too far.
Otherwise driving forward is a piece of cake as they follow you beautifully.
Just make sure you get plenty of reversing training before the test.
Good luck

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

I do.:grimacing:
Conering was mentioned on the fail sheet for my first test. :blush:

dieseldave:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Sorry had to chain Dave down and put his hat on as he was Conering to fast. And not displaying you’r ADR plate

Sorted

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

dieseldave:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Sorry had to chain Dave down and put his hat on as he was Conering to fast. And not displaying you’r ADR plate

Sorted

:laughing: :laughing: PMSL :lol: :grimacing:

However,…not quite sorted… :laughing:

GOTCHA :grimacing: :grimacing:

:open_mouth: …I was displaying them on the front and rear, ( :wink: CDG Reg.54(4)(b) and ADR 5.3.2.1.1 :wink: )

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: That’s why you couldn’t see them from the side. :sunglasses:

Guys & Gals

Thanks for the come back on what my situation is, now its just a case of counting down the days to Wednesdays training, then I will have a better idea if Im gonna cut the mustard by changing from full size tractor and trailer to a wagon and drag.

Im going with an open mind, dont see why I shouldnt pass on a wagon and drag, after all I did my class C in the same wagon

Anyother input is greatly excepted