Waiting

Hi All

Im just counting down the days Ive got till, I begin the learning curve of driving and getting my C & E licence.
Ive opted for tractor and trailer, as appose to Rigd and Trailer, even though my instructor advised me the Ridg and trailer would be easier.

But then this would defeat the object of wanting to drive Arctics, taking the easy option will still cost money with taking extra lessons for an Arctic

Over the past few weeks I have been using this site and some of the videos on You tube for the reversing exercise which I think I will be able to master pretty quickly. ( Did that on me Class 2 ) instructor was abit miffed on the first day of training, he told me to back it into the bay and miss all the cones -
"You wont get it first time you’ll need lots of practice " first time and every time, :smiling_imp:

Coupling and recoupling seem straight forward - Again good advise on here and good demo’s on You Tube.

Only thing that is bothering me is the fact of going around corners and missing kerbs, lol
This will be the learning curve and the gears, but if the tractor has a 4 over 4 then I’ll be fine

Ive opted for tractor and trailer, as appose to Rigd and Trailer, even though my instructor advised me the Ridg and trailer would be easier.

Shows you have your head in the right place mate. You dont want the easy option you want to learn to be a trucker.
With that attitude you are halfway there already.
Good luck with the training.

Click the link in my signature and then the link to the CE artic - you may find some useful info there :slight_smile:

Swampey:
for the reversing exercise which I think I will be able to master pretty quickly. ( Did that on me Class 2 ) instructor was abit miffed on the first day of training, he told me to back it into the bay and miss all the cones -
"You wont get it first time you’ll need lots of practice " first time and every time, :smiling_imp:

Probably the best bet to train on tractor trailer rather than wagon and drag, last thing i’d want to be doing on my first job is to be driving a vehicle i’'d never actually driven anything close to before.

As for reversing Class2, to be honest it’s no different to reversing a car or a van, shouldn’t really be a problem (not enough of one to be knocking cones over…). Reversing an artic is a slightly different ballgame, but good luck with it.