Does enyone know what they are like

brit european are looking for drivers in avonmouth uk only does anyone know what they are like to work for :question: :smiley: cheers

Don’t know about them fanter01 but Welcome to Trucknet :smiley:

there advertising in swindon aswell…

Is it the car transport division? Silver Arrow Logistics Ltd

Royal Portbury Dock
Portbury
Bristol
Avon
BS20 7XL
Tel: 01275 375026

I applied for a job out of Toyota at Derby with them but maybe Willi Betz will be doing it instead :stuck_out_tongue:

They are also advertising in Folkestone/Dover for carpet distribution.

They do have a bad reputation down here but whether it’s deserved or not i don’t know.

thanks convoy . I was a member a year or 2 ago but lost interest in the net thing trying again . yer wheel nut .its in portbury dock some thing to do with paper on pallets. I rang fri nite but to late to speak to the right man so thought i’d ring on monday . cheers chaps :laughing:

A friend of mine made some enquiries some months ago about their carpet division,and from memory it works like this:

You go to Belgium for an interview at their expense,usually with another driver on the overnight ferry from Hull.(If you live in the North.)

They interview you,and if you agree terms,they give you a wagon there and then,and off you go.You get your own area,wherever possible,to deliver in,but bear in mind if another driver has ‘your’ area,then you get another one.

You are away 5 nights a week,which will include at least one trip to Belgium to re-load/swap trailers.You are paid in Euros,and are taxed at Belgian rates and get Belgian benefits.

The vehicles are left hookers,and Belgian plated,and have Moffat mounties on the back for self unloading.

Also.from what I gather,they’re not too bothered on what you do with your tachos,but that’s personal choice.

Ken.