Currie European Transport

Hi all can anyone give me any info on what they’re like to work for. Many thanks.

Somebody posted some very unpleasent things about them yesterday, but then the post was deleted, by who i dont know? Reckons he was an ex driver

daleyboy:
Somebody posted some very unpleasent things about them yesterday, but then the post was deleted, by who i dont know? Reckons he was an ex driver

Just been searching for that post to put a link up. Ta for the info. :slight_smile:

Spoke to one off there drivers today , says ok (never mentioned money and I didn’t ask)
but did warn that they are murder for trying to get general repaires done not that try don’t do them am talking About bulbs blowing/ minor damages is a big long debate how it happened etc
also sayed you are just a number with them! But hey ever one is different

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57093
recently discussed on here

not sure if true but i did my driver cpc on last sat and the instructer from runcorn
said he new a bloke on his last adr course that just got a job there running down to spain
and that the chap was well happy as he lived in spain and was allowed to take truck home
he didnt say where the bloke lived mind you

alun:
not sure if true but i did my driver cpc on last sat and the instructer from runcorn
said he new a bloke on his last adr course that just got a job there running down to spain
and that the chap was well happy as he lived in spain and was allowed to take truck home
he didnt say where the bloke lived mind you

i’m not going to say the guy is full of it because i obviously don’t see every truck in spain, but in the last couple of years the only curries trailers over the water have LT, LV or PL trucks pulling them, i think a curries truck regularly back and fore spain would be seen by somebody as there’s plenty off this site that do the trip

I live in dumfries and my father works for curries, i have also done work for them through my current employer and yes they do have there own european drivers trucks but as far as i’m aware its usually germany/holland etc, never heard dad mention spain. fairly sure they usually ship out of hull, wherever that may take them, curries still have a yard in Nijmegan…

Well they’ve stayed in business over a lot of years. Didn’t they used to do Italy in 70’s - 80’s? (Or at least their Subbies did with their trailers).

Every time I seen them - Currie european trailers pull by PL and LT trucks in Dover Port & M25 but maybe they had change the mind and start to hire british drivers again? who know?