Does anyone know the diversion?

The A1 Southbound at Newark A46 with these bloody road closures. Havent used the A1 south in the night this year due to these dreaded roadworks and diversions but I am going to Peterboro tonight and more or less need to go this route, unless I go M6/M1/A14 which is an extra 30mins.

So does anyone know where they divert you to and how much etc time does it add on. Tried using google but it breings up more or less everything otehr than what I need to know.

The A17 down to the A15 will take you to P’Boro not a bad road, fairly straight, hope this helps.

Is this the actual diversion or what your doing? I know that A17 quite well as we load out of Spalding a fair bit, quite bad for speed cameras. TBH this is a longer route than just going down the m6/m1/a14. Infact I think to save any hassle if I leave home 1 hour later then all diversions should be lifted. This A1 is a complete disaster these days. Used to be my favoured road for down that side of the country for Peterboro, West Thurrock and other areas we go to in the south east…

c/o highways.gov.uk/news/pressre … eid=411476
Between Monday, 15 March and Thursday,1 April work to replace worn out road markings and road studs will involve lane closures on the southbound A1 carriageway between Little Ponton and South Witham overnight between 8pm and 6am. There will be no diversion as one southbound lane will remain open, but a convoy system and marshalling will be implemented in the works area.

or try A1/ A46 Newark to Bingham
Bingham A52 to Grantham
rejoin A1 Grantham
If overheight :- beware the low bridge just before Bingham Island.

Hope this helps .

They want to update there Disruptions Search Facility as it states:-

The A1 southbound will be closed between the junctions with the A46 and the A52 due to roadworks, between 8 pm and 6 am, from 25 February 2010 to 1 April 2010.

In my eyes this closed means closed? Surely if it meant down to one lane they could say this?