Documentation for own goods transport

Hi All,

Our parent company wants 2 loads of office furniture picking up from Athens and Copenhagen. They have asked me to collect next week if possible, basically a full trailer load of used desks chairs etc.

Our TM has said that we only need a letter explaining own goods and the shipment description. The last thing I want is to be held up at any point by custom’s etc. can anyone let me know what I will need to be fully compliant.

Many Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Not sure what exactly you will need but as they are both coming from E.U. I do not think that you need anything special.
I personally would spend 2 mins filling out a cmr, It would do you no harm just to be on the safe side.

I would guess it is the same as a removal, you would need an inventory (that can be written on a CMR) signed by the consigner and the driver, but don’t guote me on that

Thanks Fellas :wink:

jimti:
I would guess it is the same as a removal, you would need an inventory (that can be written on a CMR) signed by the consigner and the driver, but don’t guote me on that

Would completely agree, for the time taken to do that, it can save a great deal of time with the authorities :exclamation: Other than that there should be no need for any further documentation.