Do turbans make good hard hats

I have seen the Indian road construction workers not wearing sea gull protection safety hats,are they exempt from the laws in this land,if a crane came toppling down,would all the wrapped up cloth protect the nut,or is the cloth a hideway for roll ups,and the sarnies.
I may wear one next week,to see if i get tipped without a hard as nails hat.

I should think they would be exempt, and probably for the same reason they are exempt from wearing a crash helmet on a motorcycle.

It saves the NHS a fortune in bandages

It took 4, builders wearing hats,hi viz,boots,and goggles,to place cones at the back of the trailer,while unloading at the site,in case something went up the back of me,and they did not see a 44 ton artic in broad day light,if they can not see it,they should not be at work or at the site,i also got refused entry,as forgot my anti sea gull hat at a water works depot,foreman went out of his way to be zb,cant come in without a hat ,he quirps,you will have to reverse out and tip on the road,no room to turn in here mate.!
Then reverse out on to the main road with no assistance from them.
Another issue,if a driver was a devout Muslim,and wear those man dresses,would he get banned in to sites for not wearing suitable protective clothing,imagine the look of the security man on the gate,when you are dressed like Bin Bag Ladens brother for a 11am tip at Tescos or Sainsbug`s.Make a good compo claim if got refused entry.

Yes under law Sikhs are exempt from wearing hard hats at construction sites. And before people get on the band wagon of one rule should fit all, be realistic, in the world we have different people from different backgrounds and so sometimes one size does not fit all, and where possible we should eb accommodating and understanding. Any Sikh working in such building site without a hard hat is doing so at their own risk.
However i don’t really expect much understanding as the world they way it is at the moment is not a nice place to be and hatred amongst fellow humans seems to be increasing at a very fast rate, so anyway i leave you with Winston churchills speech:

Sir Winston Churchill was very well conversant with the bravery of the Sikhs, who had fought for Britain in the World Wars. Churchill while speaking in the British Parliament said:
“…It is a matter of regret that due to the obsession of the present times people are distorting the superior religious and social values, but those who wish to preserve them with respect, we should appreciate them as well as help them. Sikhs do need our help for such a cause and we should give it happily. Those who know the Sikh history, know England’s relationship with the Sikhs and are aware of the achievements of the Sikhs, they should persistently support the idea of relaxation to Sikhs to ride a motorbike with their turbans on, because it is their religious privilege.”

Churchill, further added:
“…British people are highly indebted and obliged to Sikhs for a long time. I know that within this century we needed their help twice and they did help us very well. As a result of their timely help, we are today able to live with honour, dignity, and independence. In the war, they fought and died for us, wearing the turbans. At that time we were not adamant that they should wear safety helmets because we knew that they are not going to wear them anyways and we would be deprived of their help. At that time due to our miserable and poor situation, we did not force it on them to wear safety helmets, why should we force it now? Rather, we should now respect their traditions and by granting this legitimate concession, win their applaud.”

It may be that the Sikhs just stick to their beliefs and it is us lot who are so wrong, looking out of my window I can see 5 hiviz vests, and this is a quiet little village on a Saturday morning, only one of them is working, cutting the grass in the graveyard :confused:

And we know he is the village idiot who dribbles a lot and talks to himself :laughing:

And let us not forget Joanna Lumley`s efforts to fight for the rights of the Gurkas,the legend is,if they draw out their sword,they have to use it and kill the enemy.

Wheel Nut:
It saves the NHS a fortune in bandages

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

toby1234abc:
And let us not forget Joanna Lumley`s efforts to fight for the rights of the Gurkas,the legend is,if they draw out their sword,they have to use it and kill the enemy.

That’s billhooks!

Is that the curved type of weapon?

toby1234abc:
Is that the curved type of weapon?

You’re referring to the kukri or khukuri. I was thinking of something entirely different. :laughing:

That is, there is absolutely no truth in the story that the user should kill, draw blood, or go on a rampant slashing frenzy if the weapon is unsheathed.

toby1234abc:
are they exempt from the laws in this land,if a crane came toppling down,would all the wrapped up cloth protect the nut.

No but to be fair a hard hat wouldn’t be much use if a crane fell on your head either :unamused: .

Maybe it should be upto the punter if he wants to wear “protection”, no protection no compo if injured.

Run over, no reflective = no compo
Hit on head, no hard hat = no compo
Bashed on foot, no steel toe = no compo

Big brother and sister nanny want compliance and blind obedience not individual choice. Individual choice is only reserved on religious grounds so that the resulting divide will eventually allow them to come down with black body armoured state apparatchik to bash all heads.

All hail BIG BROTHER.

Pops77:
Yes under law Sikhs are exempt from wearing hard hats at construction sites. And before people get on the band wagon of one rule should fit all, be realistic, in the world we have different people from different backgrounds and so sometimes one size does not fit all, and where possible we should eb accommodating and understanding. Any Sikh working in such building site without a hard hat is doing so at their own risk.
However i don’t really expect much understanding as the world they way it is at the moment is not a nice place to be and hatred amongst fellow humans seems to be increasing at a very fast rate, so anyway i leave you with Winston churchills speech:

Sir Winston Churchill was very well conversant with the bravery of the Sikhs, who had fought for Britain in the World Wars. Churchill while speaking in the British Parliament said:
“…It is a matter of regret that due to the obsession of the present times people are distorting the superior religious and social values, but those who wish to preserve them with respect, we should appreciate them as well as help them. Sikhs do need our help for such a cause and we should give it happily. Those who know the Sikh history, know England’s relationship with the Sikhs and are aware of the achievements of the Sikhs, they should persistently support the idea of relaxation to Sikhs to ride a motorbike with their turbans on, because it is their religious privilege.”

Churchill, further added:
“…British people are highly indebted and obliged to Sikhs for a long time. I know that within this century we needed their help twice and they did help us very well. As a result of their timely help, we are today able to live with honour, dignity, and independence. In the war, they fought and died for us, wearing the turbans. At that time we were not adamant that they should wear safety helmets because we knew that they are not going to wear them anyways and we would be deprived of their help. At that time due to our miserable and poor situation, we did not force it on them to wear safety helmets, why should we force it now? Rather, we should now respect their traditions and by granting this legitimate concession, win their applaud.”

I worked with a Sikh in the early 70’s and he made the point that the British army was quite happy to have Sikhs fighting in the war wearing turbans.

The Lybian rebels don’t wear helmets and neither did the Chechens when they were fighting the Russians.

schrodingers cat:

toby1234abc:
are they exempt from the laws in this land,if a crane came toppling down,would all the wrapped up cloth protect the nut.

No but to be fair a hard hat wouldn’t be much use if a crane fell on your head either :unamused: .

exactly why i hate wearing one whilst operating the crane/grab on my lorry-its impossible to hit yourself on the head with it so what is the point!
and the poxy yellow trousers whilst working on the m25-i’d like to meet the fool that had that blinding idea!!

toby1234abc:
I have seen the Indian road construction workers not wearing sea gull protection safety hats,are they exempt from the laws in this land,if a crane came toppling down,would all the wrapped up cloth protect the nut,or is the cloth a hideway for roll ups,and the sarnies.

I don’t think they protect you but it seems they are good for hiding bombs and blowing your own stupid head off so you can sit with a pillock in some place called ‘Paradise’ with 48 virgins :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
(NOT)

This thread made me think of an episode from only fools and horses where del got lumbered with a load of horse riding helmets :laughing:

Pat Hasler:

toby1234abc:

I don’t think they protect you but it seems they are good for hiding bombs and blowing your own stupid head off so you can sit with a pillock in some place called ‘Paradise’ with 48 virgins :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
(NOT)

Oh dear, another failure.

The ones in turbans are Sikhs, the ones with the bombs are Muslim, the ones who kill a lot of Americans are American :stuck_out_tongue:

andrew.s:

schrodingers cat:

toby1234abc:

exactly why i hate wearing one whilst operating the crane/grab on my lorry-its impossible to hit yourself on the head with it so what is the point!
and the poxy yellow trousers whilst working on the m25-i’d like to meet the fool that had that blinding idea!!

the forestry commission insist on a hard hat being worn while sitting on a crane, loading a timber wagon!

Wheel Nut:

Pat Hasler:

toby1234abc:

(NOT)

Oh dear, another failure.

The ones in turbans are Sikhs, the ones with the bombs are Muslim, the ones who kill a lot of Americans are American :stuck_out_tongue:

Brilliant :smiley: