Health and Safety Observation

whilst on a Biffa Waste site two rules puzzle me. 1st we have to wear hard hat to walk across yard to loo yet the Washman who is in corner of yard washing vehicles down doesn’t yet he is constantly within a foot or two of moving / reversing heavy duty forklifts. 2ndly when the warehouse staff come out of the warehouse to get your keys they jump down off the dock levellers thought idea of keys removed was to stop people falling off dock yet ok to jump off?

any sea gulls present :wink: :wink:

Our health and safety (and quality and environmental) manager, like to walk out in the shunting yard in her flip flops to tell someone to put their hi-viz on. Daft tart!

nick2008:

g ■■■■■■■ loads

ObviousRichy:
Our health and safety (and quality and environmental) manager, like to walk out in the shunting yard in her flip flops to tell someone to put their hi-viz on. Daft tart!

priceless

Norfolknewbie:

nick2008:

g [zb] loads

i’d wear mine too then :wink: :wink:

Keyline Builders in Glasgow (part of the Travis Perkins Group) make delivery drivers wear hard hats while on site. FLT drivers and customers don’t need to wear them, even though we are all in the same yard. I can only assume they have titanium skulls to protect them from what ever falling dangers that would injure us drivers.:stuck_out_tongue:

Enfield, by any chance? Last time I was there the forkie ran onto the trailer so fast I thought he was coming through the headboard! :imp:

damoq:
Keyline Builders in Glasgow (part of the Travis Perkins Group) make delivery drivers wear hard hats while on site. FLT drivers and customers don’t need to wear them, even though we are all in the same yard. I can only assume they have titanium skulls to protect them from what ever falling dangers that would injure us drivers.:stuck_out_tongue:

I know their area manager of old and it doesn’t suprise me.

:unamused:

I can imagine wearing a hard hat might be useful on say a high rise construction site or a ship yard, they aren’t gonna stop a bloody big sheet of steel killing you, but falling tools or lifting equipment etc - might help.

I can walk round B&Q near the trade counter with just flip flops etc. Try that behind the plastic flaps into “The 'Danger Zone!” :laughing:

All this crap is just to fend off the ambulance chasers. Nothing more.

I consider those people lower than pond life.

The Sarge:
Enfield, by any chance? Last time I was there the forkie ran onto the trailer so fast I thought he was coming through the headboard! :imp:

yes mate and I know exactly what you mean