Disitllers Co

Hello judgeged,
I hope you are still about? I have only just found this site but It`s to good a chance to miss to get hold of you. I was at Ancoats ,on the tanks,from 1975 when JT was t/manager then Albert.
I should have some pics etc for sharing if we get it together. It was a very happy time and it was a job only second to I.C.I. Do you copy.- Choirboy Carboncopy.

Hello judgeged and Choir boy, John Harrison who drove for Distillers at Ancoats for many years sent me a few photos a couple of years ago of some Distillers wagons, when I find them I shall stick them on here for you. Interesting to know that the job was only second to I.C.I. as I also worked with John at I.C.I. Heywood for just over ten years. John sent me some more photos just before Christmas which sadly got lost in the post but here is one of his that was close at hand.

Regards Steve.

Dont know where these were based.
transportphotos.com/road/photos
CZC00069-04.jpg
JLC00237-24.jpg

you don’t see many photographs of Hydrogen Supplies on these forums

Hello judgeged, here is another photo from John.

Hello mushrooman, good picture of 766,old one of mine I had on nights.I have one of her,Steve.Ill put it on when I learn how to. No posting off judgeged yet,could be Mary-Bakers lad ?.
Not found the depot for the tanker yet,Stanfield, but the cylinder-wagon could be Ancoats.I couldn`t make out the writing on the bottom of the tanker one,John.
Not seen any pics of Hydrogen services,Wheel Nut,your quite right,was the taken over by Lindi before Air Liquide got them ?
All the Best Lads for Now -----Joe

Here are a couple that were based at the Birtley depot on station lane.Got some others try and dig them out.

Another one of John’s photos.

Choirboy Carboncopy:
Hello judgeged,
I hope you are still about? I have only just found this site but It`s to good a chance to miss to get hold of you. I was at Ancoats ,on the tanks,from 1975 when JT was t/manager then Albert.
I should have some pics etc for sharing if we get it together. It was a very happy time and it was a job only second to I.C.I. Do you copy.- Choirboy Carboncopy.

Hi Choirboy Carboncopy my dad worked at ancots … mike lee , and i have a few pics even the old bedford cylinder wagons, my dads was fleet number 837. will have to swop pics - Anthony

Hello Anthony,
Good to hear from you,yes I am that Ravey.Not heard anything of your Dad since the move to Irlam.I finished a bit after.I heard from a couple of the lads you named fairly recently.
Good and bad news about so need more time. Some pics. would be great.
Best to all Joe.

anthonylee:

Choirboy Carboncopy:
Hello judgeged,

Hi Choirboy Carboncopy my dad worked at ancots … mike lee , and i have a few pics even the old bedford cylinder wagons, my dads was fleet number 837. will have to swop pics - Anthony

Hiya Anthony, welcome to TruckNet.
I used to work with your dad at Ancoats, would love to see any pics that you’ve got.

Choirboy Carboncopy. Is that you Ravey? Sorry not been in touch, had probs with my PC and lost all my email addresses and with Holidays coming it had to take a second place.

Ray

picked this up at a car boot sale,was gonna put on bay

revman:
picked this up at a car boot sale,was gonna put on bay

put it on ,i gotta few things like this

flishflunk:

anthonylee:

Choirboy Carboncopy:
Hello judgeged,

Hiya Anthony, welcome to TruckNet.
I used to work with your dad at Ancoats, would love to see any pics that you’ve got.

Choirboy Carboncopy. Is that you Ravey? Sorry not been in touch, had probs with my PC and lost all my email addresses and with Holidays coming it had to take a second place.

Ray

Hi Ray
will try and get some on soon, got loads of pics from the green bedfords to blue distillers mg, mg gas products,messer and Air liquide !!!
i will tell my Dad you know him, whats your surname?? he retired last year
Anthony

Choirboy Carboncopy:
Hello Anthony,
Good to hear from you,yes I am that Ravey.Not heard anything of your Dad since the move to Irlam.I finished a bit after.I heard from a couple of the lads you named fairly recently.
Good and bad news about so need more time. Some pics. would be great.
Best to all Joe.

Hello Joe, my dad went to irlam for a while but is retired now. Good and Bad news dont sound good, you will have to message me.
Will get some pics on when i can, do you have any good pics ■■?
Regards Anthony

Hello All,
Not been on for a while,pc went 10-1. Hows the weather in Upside Land Mushrooman,hope you are well? Had some good pics put on havent we,some thanks to you John.
Hope Pop is ok Anthonylee,give him my best. You come on back Ray,not heard from you,either.
Regards to All,Joe Ravey.

Hello Joe, glad to see you back on. Still waiting for the pic of your ERF :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

While I’m on, do you remember that Bedford that Tony Proctor used to drive, think it was a TM. Did it have the Detroit diesel engine?
Strange a big company like DCL and so few pics about especially the earlier ones. I know Albert had some. (So Rod, if you’re on here, have you got them?)

Here’s one of a Hammersmith TK (from The Professionals)

I’ve got pics of tankers at Ancoats, but the quality is crap. They were damaged by an EX :angry: :angry: :angry:
I stuck the bits together with cellotape and with the help of photoshop got 2 pics. Might put them on later.

Ray

Here’s an old Distillers motor Ray,Pickfords contract wagon I think…weren’t yours was it? :laughing:

Only joking.

Ayup Chris girt picture. theur are reet it wor not mine. Would have loved to have had a drive though :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I did however,when I worked at Parkers, drive one of the Bedfords that’s in the back ground.

Ray

Hello Joe, remember these two?

Distillers Head Transport Manager presenting me with a cup for winning my class in the local heat of the LDoY 1981.
Bet you’re thinking he’s saying " Congatulations Ray, well done "
Actually he said " Fancy a Smiths driver getting to the final, when Charlie Sharples got less faults than you" :confused: :confused: :confused:

Remember these?
LDoY 1982

Ray