Direct Action NOW!

Forget emails to Ruth Kelly forget talking about the price of diesel in truckstops and on web forums. Action must be taken now or the only people using brit truckstops will be foreigners, and this forum will be for unemployed drivers. Start with blockading all UK ports and main arterial routes to major cities and just stay there until Gordon and Ruth realise that we are the backbone of this nation. Demand 1. While oil is at sky high price drop VAT on fuel for everyone {diesel,petrol,home heating}. Demand 2. Give hauliers 25% reduction on fuel. i.e. pump price minus VAT minus 25%. Demand 3. Intoduce Brit Vignette, must be paid at port of entry £5 per day (except IRL). This might bring our dying industry a lift and might also keep some foreign trucks off our roads therefore putting brit trucks on our roads and put brit loads on brit trucks. Before all you know it alls come on and tell me i havent done my sums this is a rant with maybe a couple of suggestions for a way forward so if you have nothing constuctinve to add just ■■■■ off. Rant over.

I guess I’d better [zb] off then, the country needs the taxes so there’s very little chance of Gordon Brown agreeing to reduce fuel taxes

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Good rant, but its getting all the other spineless people in this country to stand together thats the problem… :smiling_imp:

Denis F:

Can I “borrow” ( I mean steal) that pic of the flying pig please :question: :question:

ROG:

Denis F:

Can I “borrow” ( I mean steal) that pic of the flying pig please :question: :question:

no problems, can’t remember where I “borrowed” it from though :laughing:

steve the argonaut:
Good rant, but its getting all the other spineless people in this country to stand together thats the problem… :smiling_imp:

Ok so GB agrees to cut the tax on fuel, what’s he going to cut to make up the difference ?

Health Service ?
Education?
Old peoples homes?
Equipment for Soldiers in war zones ?

there is no magic money tree to do it with !

To be honest, i think this is just “another rant on the forums” If people feel so strongly, stop whimpering about it and start getting times dates and people together!

OK. The vignette for foreign trucks is a long overdue idea - it should be implemented at the earliest possible time, like next Monday. As has been suggested stick a charge of £5 per day on every incoming foreign vehicle of more than 1.75T capacity and that will go some way to recover the lost revenue without incurring cuts elsewhere. While Gordon is at it, as a massive vote retainer, he could quash the idea of a 62% pay increase to his fellow MPs as spoken about in today’s press.

Perhaps the way in which taxation is collected needs looking at as a whole.
I’m no exoert on this but would scrapping all taxes (and NI) exept income tax be an idea with a higher non-tax paying threshold - of course the tax rate would have to go up A LOT :question: :question:

Should we rename this thread - THE POLITICS SHOW :question: :question: :wink: :laughing:

Is this an Irish joke??
As has been said before…hauliers must park the trucks up and not deliver the goods,nothing can be done to them if they do this…blockades are illegal and won’t work.

:angry:

British truckers beware…blockading the refinerys is not going to help simply because the government and police have measures in place to prevent this from happening again…lets face it no matter what we do the government will do as it sees fit no matter who we vote for…democracy eh.

The only way it would work is if every single trucker in the uk joined the campaign of blockading the main roads and then as said before we will just be a forum for all the unemployed truckers of the uk.

There is no easy solution and I doubt there will ever be a solution…Prices will continue to rise until we cannot afford to run our cars to work then everyone is scunnered…lets face it, it is never going to change and is only hot news in the press and tv until the next hot story comes up in the tabloids… :cry: :cry: :cry:

Blockading main roads won’t work either. The police and VOSA, probably even the army will move in, trucks will be damaged, ‘O’ Licences will be revoked. Stay off the road for a week, that way what offence are you committing - none. Hands up who wants to organise it?

magners:
Blockading main roads won’t work either. The police and VOSA, probably even the army will move in, trucks will be damaged, ‘O’ Licences will be revoked. Stay off the road for a week, that way what offence are you committing - none. Hands up who wants to organise it?

The people who should be organising this should be the likes of *tobarts, *owler Welch etc etc, but they will sit back in their 10 bob polyester suits and ride it out watching the one man bands go pop, the hover up behind.

I have alot of respect for the owner driver and small haulier who do make a stand but cant see the one eyed jock ■■■■ giving bugger all back.

If I thought everyone concerned would stick together I would back any form of legal action and take an active part.
But the truth of the matter is everyone would not stick together making any action by others futile… :cry: :angry:

Denis F:

steve the argonaut:

Ok so GB agrees to cut the tax on fuel, what’s he going to cut to make up the difference ?

Health Service ?
Education?
Old peoples homes?

Thats easy put ■■■■ up to £10 a packet you either save money on the NHS or you make money from the idiots who would still pay it., put more tax on alcopops say £5 a bottle, plenty of cash for the government then.

It seems from many webforums that we are just going to carry on paying the fuel price NO MATTER what it is I bet it will be £2 a litre by the end of this year close to £10 a gallon and we will all still be saying theres no point of protesting as nothing will get done and none of us can stand together anyway.

If ALL of the so called trucker websites actuall stood together for once on a matter like this then maybe JUST MAYBE we could do something I hear jeers and boos saying hat will never happen.

ITS ONLY half a dozen people at the end of the day that need to agree on one thing can it be that hard?.

■■? Yes because it will always be us and them and were British we dont mind paying more than anyone else.

Denis F:

Health Service ?
Education?
Old peoples homes?

For a moment I stupidly thought that our government sent our soldiers into warzones without all the essential kit.

Thanks for putting me straight Denis.

Equipment for Soldiers in war zones - what an analogy!!

OK, a question for you all.

Can you tell me why you think it should be YOU, the Employee of the Mr Stobarts/Fowler Welch/ Dodds/ Joe Bloggs etc etc who should make this protest?

Are you, as an employee paying the fuel bill?
No, I didn’t think you were. :unamused:

What are your bosses doing about it?
Do you see them out protesting, risking political suicide with their customer base?
No, neither do I see the RHA/FTA making anything other than lip service towards this so maybe, just maybe we are barking up the wrong tree here :imp:

Pat

Ever heard the term “Owner driver” bloodoodle?

The O/D’s on here are far more likely to want to take direct action than the ones driving their supermarket trucks or wearing their green ties.

This might be the reason so many drivers on this forum feel about as comfortable protesting as they do leaving their kids with Michael Jackson.

jammymutt:
It seems from many webforums that we are just going to carry on paying the fuel price NO MATTER what it is I bet it will be £2 a litre by the end of this year close to £10 a gallon and we will all still be saying theres no point of protesting as nothing will get done and none of us can stand together anyway.

They’re all waiting for the Pipeline card and the Promised Land Jammy.