Need Action Now!

Another 2p rise in tax on fuel, another will follow in january, the governments ripping us off they recieve 67% of everything you spend at the pump, we must now take some kind of action and arrange blockades and go-slows around the country. we MUST make a stand

Rallyman:
Another 2p rise in tax on fuel, another will follow in january, the governments ripping us off they recieve 67% of everything you spend at the pump, we must now take some kind of action and arrange blockades and go-slows around the country. we MUST make a stand

i agree but pointless with blockades as beverly bell and co will have blockadees operator licence’s revoked in a blink of an eye :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: if what i heard was correct when hauliers blockaded before :exclamation: :exclamation:

no better still all drivers stop on sunday midnight simple see how long it takes to bring country to a stand still

go in to work but refuse to move

protests are being looked at already although i agree that go slows are not the way to go. we need something new this time and not just for truckers. as truckers we will never will but we could as people. we all have lives outside the job and we all have bills to pay and food to buy. food is affected by the cost to produce and shift it so raising awareness of that is the avenue that i am exploring. this would enable us to include everyone to put pressure on the government rather than only those who actually buy fuel for work or personal vehicles. transaction 2007 make a arse of it so lets get it right this time

Why dont we do wot the french do and blockade the ports have a show of strength at the refineries and talk with the tanker drivers but allowing for emergency vehicles to recieve fuel.

If you think about it and if all drivers were to not report to work for say something like 2 days, which isn’t much, but IF ALL DRIVERS in the UK were not to work for 2 days as to teh desruption that would cause and maybe then they would listen?? Surely people could take something like 2 days off without moaning about losing money?

One lot of protests had the public on our side, and that oportunity was wasted…

The last lot were a half hearted affair to say the least, big Companies like Stobarts wont join in, shame cos the public like Stobarts…

Half the drivers on here cant stick together on most things, and you are only a small minority of the UK truck drivers reckon the rest of the Country will stick together??, whats the percentage of Euro trucks on our roads?? Methinks pretty much enough to keep things ticking over, and I can see Betz contracted to Stobarts to keep Tescos running etc, dont ■■■ ■■■ it, anything is possible.

Companies will not pay all their workforce 2 days holiday to protest, as the company then loses 2 days earnings/profits…

Having said that, the French blockade the ports, rest of the Country runs normally…

You need to find what will hurt the goverment (Ie loss revenue) rather than ■■■■ all the public off, you the ones who expect Tescos/Morrison etc to have food on the shelves. Plus think of the headlines if a pensioner or two dies of cold cos there has been no heating oil delivered, a hospital shuts and new born baby dies, etc etc… Public will very soon be against you…

Rallyman:
Another 2p rise in tax on fuel … the government’s ripping us off …we MUST make a stand

MUST make a stand’ How so? Britons apparently voted for it via their mainstream political loyalties - your suggestion of taking action is thus undemocratic and will be monitored, ‘kettled’ & pee’d upon by our governors in Europe.

Besides:

a) How else can we be expected to pay our daily contribution of £45 million per day to Brussels/Strasbourg if we don’t dig deep? Since we are the money-tree, how come some get surprised at being shaken?
b) Our acceptance of ‘diversity’ (so beloved of those bullying us in government and is thus endemic within our society) dictates that the UK is not sufficiently unified in any way anymore (perhaps listen to a political speech when diversity is mentioned - we ■■■■ it up as a compliment to adhere to & a damnation to oppose!) We are evidently too reticent and bound to our Labour/Tory/Lib-Dem loyalties, etc to question the implications of ‘diversity’ when the PM & others spout such PC laced diktat. Therefore, we must now obey what is bid of us in its name.

‘MUST’? You’re flogging a dead horse, mate.

i’m afraid it’ll all only come to a head in a major way when it starts to affect the major players in our industry,then and only then will those high up in goverment start to take notice,so until then it’s a case of put up and shut up…(that also includes myself as a small haulage buisness),sad but true.

Rallyman:
Why dont we do wot the french do and blockade the ports have a show of strength at the refineries and talk with the tanker drivers but allowing for emergency vehicles to recieve fuel.

What do the French Do? sorry, what do the French drivers do?

The tanker drivers got what they wanted, the price of fuel isn’t a major issue to them. I doubt they would thank you stopping them earning a wage. I mean depending upon which newspaper you read, they are already earning between 39k and 60k

I think you will find the public are all for a protest there calling for go slows and protesting at the refineries its the backing from hauliers there looking for now if we could do wot they did back in 2000 then i think the government will sit up this country is the highest taxed country in the world and we just sit bk and accept it, i know were in a recession but jesus christ how much more money do we have to loose before we say enoughs enough we gave them the jobs there in so why not make them work for us how much more do we have to get pushed around foriegn trucks on our roads foriegn workers in our industry wot next■■?..

the only way to make a protest is to get the daily mail readers out. Truck driver risk losing their op but what can they do if 100 car drivers block a refinery or do a go slow past parliament .

you are still limiting your potential by looking at truck or car drivers. i am now setting up a protest but on foot to enable maximum accessibility to the public and rather than focus solely on fuel, i am using the knock on effects eg food prices being affected by increased costs to produce and transport. plus the VAT increase is coming so i am including that and calling it a consumer protest against excessive taxation. my goal is to have a protest in as many constituencies as possible outside the relevant MPs office therefore it is local to everyone and since there is no driving involved, it keeps the costs down for the attendees. blockades are now illegal under terror laws and go slows dont achieve anything. i am going for a peaceful but very much ‘in your face’ approach right under the MPs nose where they cant ignore us

scanny77:
you are still limiting your potential by looking at truck or car drivers. i am now setting up a protest but on foot to enable maximum accessibility to the public and rather than focus solely on fuel, i am using the knock on effects eg food prices being affected by increased costs to produce and transport. plus the VAT increase is coming so i am including that and calling it a consumer protest against excessive taxation. my goal is to have a protest in as many constituencies as possible outside the relevant MPs office therefore it is local to everyone and since there is no driving involved, it keeps the costs down for the attendees. blockades are now illegal under terror laws and go slows dont achieve anything. i am going for a peaceful but very much ‘in your face’ approach right under the MPs nose where they cant ignore us

Good luck, will either work or it wont, would not like to put money on it either way…

You in Bo’ness Scotland, if so we are taking delivery today of one of your local heritage railway locos, the Class 26, she on her way to Llangollon as I type, should be coming down the M6 in case anyone sees her…

Park all the lorries in the country for two days,shops would have empty and the country would grind to a halt. As we all know this will never happen,because nobody will stick together and make a united stand against the price of fuel and other issues.

Hi gang,

Does no one realise that the government have taken blockades out of our remit, I mean they can do us for blocking refineries under the new anti terrorism laws saying we are some sort of al quieda bolt on extra :exclamation:

So the way forward is to block the roads or park up for two days maybe even park up in parliament square and bring the whole ■■■■ thing to a stand still…

scanny77:
‘…i am … calling it a consumer protest against excessive taxation … to have a protest in as many constituencies as possible outside the relevant MPs office … where they cant ignore us…’

Ask oneself ‘why do consumers elect MP’s who dedicate themselves to obeying the EU’ - whom they are paying with this extra taxation.

Maybe a rational way forward is:

a) Save the bother of advertising one’s numptiness through any organised tantrum (- unless appearing a sulky kid is one’s thing)
b) Never forget that all mainstream MP’s support Europe - which UK funds to excess
c) Accept that ‘consumers’ cant have it each way - so why bust a gut by organising discontent when voters and non-voters should have listened to those it voted for or ignored when politicians tell us that they are pro-EU?
d) Get clued-up at the next General Election and don’t vote for a lover of the European Union
e) Realise that folk rarely die of taxation but more often due to the effect of being poorly resourced - which we are because we give £45,000,000 per day to the EU.

I done my bit today. Was gonna put £45 in the car and thought ■■■■ em, I put £40 in instead :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

i am aware of all that Keith. i am waiting to find out if i will be standing as a UKIP candidate next year. the protest wasnt my idea. i have had requests to organise one and clearly there are others who want direct action to take place otherwise this thread would not have been posted. i dont see the point in organising an event with limited support spread across the country when a slightly different message could open the doors to so much more potential support. instead of holding a single event where everyone has to spend money getting to, hold smaller events across the UK which will keep the costs down for everyone who wishes to turn up therefore increasing accessibility. 500 events with 50 people at each is better than one event with 500 people plus it will send the message to the MPs that the public are not happy with what they have done to us. labour are out next year so there is no point in telling them what we think of them when the tories will get in and do the same thing anyway. we need to tell them all that what they are doing is not good enough.
besides, if you decided to attend your local protest and started handing out leaflets telling people how much the EU is costing us then there is not much i could do about it is there? :wink:

I’ll join you if you want to improve DRIVERS WAGES! I find it strange that so many are concerned on here about the price of fuel and talk about taking action yet don’t seem willing to think along the same lines to do something for themselves rather than the guvnors! Or does the diesel money come straight out of yer wallets■■?

:confused: