Need Action Now!

scanny77:
‘…a … message could open the doors to so much more potential support [and] send the message to the MPs that the public are not happy…’

On reflection, since it is the implementation of the majority of MP’s European values that are stripping us in tax, why not give all pro-Euro candidates the message at the ballot box by dissing the whole lot of them? It only takes each of us to draw a pencilled ‘X’ on a bit of paper. ‘Drastic’ though it might seem (ie, hardly) and as horrified as Newsnight will make it sound (they’ll go ape-dung), MP’s are hardly gonna change their leopard-like spots with a day’s whingeing from mischievous herberts.

Meanwhile:

tartanraider:
‘… does the diesel money come straight out of yer wallet…’

On my journey to/from work, yes!

Happy Keith:

scanny77:
‘…a … message could open the doors to so much more potential support [and] send the message to the MPs that the public are not happy…’

On reflection, since it is the implementation of the majority of MP’s European values that are stripping us in tax, why not give all pro-Euro candidates the message at the ballot box by dissing the whole lot of them? It only takes each of us to draw a pencilled ‘X’ on a bit of paper. ‘Drastic’ though it might seem (ie, hardly) and as horrified as Newsnight will make it sound (they’ll go ape-dung), MP’s are hardly gonna change their leopard-like spots with a day’s whingeing from mischievous herberts.

Meanwhile:

tartanraider:
‘… does the diesel money come straight out of yer wallet…’

On my journey to/from work, yes!

Hit the cobbles and get yersel a pay rise to cover it then!

:wink:

tartanraider:
‘…Hit the cobbles and get yersel a pay rise to cover it then!..’

Aye, but this ‘Peter’ cannae see the point tae bustin ma earse if Chancellor ‘Paul’ is ginna haul it tae Europe in taxation frae makin (huh!) non-Christian Turkey ‘mare like us’. And that’s only one of many unreasonable ‘realities’ behind the twaddle that addles the dreams of pro-Europeans as they go wet and stupit wi’ ma brass :wink:

Happy Keith:

tartanraider:
‘…Hit the cobbles and get yersel a pay rise to cover it then!..’

Aye, but this ‘Peter’ cannae see the point tae bustin ma earse if Chancellor ‘Paul’ is ginna haul it tae Europe in taxation frae makin (huh!) non-Christian Turkey ‘mare like us’ (it’s the unreasonable reality behind the pro-Euro’s addled dream) :wink:

Yer shovin against an open door here :wink:

tartanraider:
I’ll join you if you want to improve DRIVERS WAGES! I find it strange that so many are concerned on here about the price of fuel and talk about taking action yet don’t seem willing to think along the same lines to do something for themselves rather than the guvnors! Or does the diesel money come straight out of yer wallets■■?

:confused:

as sympathetic as i am towards this, how could you pull it off in practice? the government would say that wages are nothing to do with them, the public will not support us so we would never get the numbers needed and how/where would you stage a protest?
besides, reducing expenditure means more money in your pocket anyway which is the same outcome with the exception that you would lose more of your gross rather than nett wage if you increased wages and costs. your expendible income would remain relatively unchanged

tartanraider:
I’ll join you if you want to improve DRIVERS WAGES! I find it strange that so many are concerned on here about the price of fuel and talk about taking action yet don’t seem willing to think along the same lines to do something for themselves rather than the guvnors! Or does the diesel money come straight out of yer wallets■■?

if fuel keeps going up where will your ‘guvnor’ get the money to increase your wages?

I agree with the people who say that action is needed, but a strike will never happen, you can’t get 2 drivers to agree on the price of a free cup of coffee, so how will such a thing be organised?

Also there are too many owner drivers & companies, big & small, that are tetering on the brink of going under, a week with no work will send them straight to the back of the dole queue (behind those that do not belong there, but I can’t appear racist)

In the strikes of the 70s, most of the companies involved were nationalised, British Rail, British Coal, British Leyland etc etc & in our industry, British Road Services was still THE big player, the majority of the strikers lived in a council house too so they weren’t going to lose their house as a result of a strike either, now with most people owning their own home (thanks Maggie :wink: ) the risks are far too great.

Anyway, we don’t need a strike, what we need is Guy Fawkes :smiling_imp:

newmercman:
‘… we don’t need a strike, what we need is Guy Fawkes…’

Blowing the place up wouldn’t have much effect since the Houses of Parliament are subordinate to Brussels/Strasbourg anyhow. Hmmm, it might deny the media from their MP love-in whilst saving us from hearing a tier of toothless leeches yapping though… :smiling_imp:

Action is needed but ive listened to a lot of comments on this forum and others and no one seems to want to do anything u go on about the stobbarts of this country u dont need them all u need is to make a stand and stand up for what u believe in this government seems to think they can push us around and we just let them so nows the time before its to late the costs are going to continue to rise and u wont be able to pass it on to customers.

i agree, some thing should be done about a wage protest rather than a fuel protest, i always thought cleaners were on min wage money, but a lass who cleans at our local hospital gets 7.13 p.h [seen pay slip with own eyes], 7p p.h less than me, 10.69 sat[me 9.50],14.26 sun[me 10.50] ,14.26 b/h +day in leau[me just 11 p.h], she gets 6 months full sick pay, 6 months half pay.etc etc.
if theres a protest it should be wages, when cleaners are now on more it time to do something

Rallyman,

Hello, and welcome to Trucknet.

I would like to ask your agenda. Are you an owner driver or having to pay for the fuel you use in a truck yourself?

I find it strange that you have only 4 posts, all on the same subject and that you also have an issue with Stobart.

After all, it is they who have already worked out a deal with their customers and do pass their fuel costs on.

Although I wish to see the back of this awful government and especially the unelected moron in number ten. I don’t see what possible benefits we would gain by alienating the general public even more.

newmercman:

interestingly enough, november 5th is the date i have suggested for the mass event

Rallyman:
‘…Action is needed but ive listened to a lot of comments on this forum and others and no one seems to want to do anything…’

Since the nation has been successfully divided mate, it’s up to the nation to do one’s bit at the ballot box at General Election. But, how many will be arsed to look beyond their tribal loyalty (and thus always get in the future what we’ve always had in the past? Huh!)?

Rallyman:
‘…all u need is to make a stand…’

Ditto

:bulb: how about a go-slow protest at the bottom of every major/arterial route into a selected city every month until we are HEARD? eg; london,10 hgv’s bottom of m11/m25,a1/m25, and so on all round the capital to start with?

scanny77:

newmercman:

interestingly enough, november 5th is the date i have suggested for the mass event

Given what happened to our friend Mr Fawkes and his plot in the end, that doesn’t bode well…

if anyone wishes to join my private army you can.
i will be overthrowing this government as soon as i have enough soldiers.
the problem is…there’s only me in it at the moment. :laughing:

also, the price of diesel is only 55ppl in spain, and 1ppl in venezuala.
so, why do people smuggle drugs?

Im sorry to say but this countries truck drivers and me being one always sit around the truckstop tables saying they should do this and do that but when it comes down to it they do absolutly nothing and when they do its the same ones that do have the balls to do it. I work for a guvnor that is one of the best ive worked for and i would do what i could to save MY JOB, which if we do nothing, is whats going to happen to a lot of our fellow collegues because of this and the next fuel rise,because this will force our bosses to make redundancies. Lets show Brown and his cronies that we are not going to be taken for mugs (on behalf of our bosses) any longer while cheap dangerous ex eastern bloc country drivers move stuff around with cheap european diesel.

kerwyn:
‘… Lets show Brown and his cronies that we are not going to be taken for mugs … any longer while cheap dangerous ex eastern bloc country drivers move stuff around with cheap european diesel…’

And do what - vote for some other other pro-Euro rabble? (ie Tory & Lib-dems)

That’s doing nothing more than perpetuating the present

scanny77:

tartanraider:

as sympathetic as i am towards this, how could you pull it off in practice? the government would say that wages are nothing to do with them, the public will not support us so we would never get the numbers needed and how/where would you stage a protest?
besides, reducing expenditure means more money in your pocket anyway which is the same outcome with the exception that you would lose more of your gross rather than nett wage if you increased wages and costs. your expendible income would remain relatively unchanged

Defeatist claptrap! You sound like every politician there’s ever been and you haven’t stood yet! Vote for Scanny and I will do what I think is best for you rather than doing what the electorate want! You can ■■■■ off if you think you’re getting my vote!

calculate this. how many motorways are in the UK? multiply this by four trucks. two heading one way, two heading the other way.
that’s how many are required to make a full uk stopage. everyone who dosn’t join in will be forced to join in.
simples.