Digital Tachos

Having just passed my “C” test, I’m currently seeking some AGY time to earn some moolah…

However do I need to get myself a digicard now? I wouldn’t have thought that as a new driver i’ll be sent out in a new wagon, bit it pays to be prepared, and not look like an idiot!!

I would ask the agency’s for advise on that one, but it would be a shame to have to turn work down because you don’t have the card, if the money’s not a problem then I would say it’s best to be prepared.

Good luck.

i agree with tacho, best to be prepared, i’ve had my digi for ages and only used it twice, but the agency keep on saying that they have a special digi job for me, but i always gets cancelled or im needed elsewhere at the last minute.

I got my digi card and a week later the agy gave me a days work which I wouldn’t have got without. So, after OT the day was worth about £120 so I’m £82 up coz of the £38 card so my thinking is even if I don’t ever use it again (unlikely) it was worth it.

Plus I got to drive a clean and shiny 07 plate wagon :smiley:

so how do u apply for a digi card?

does it have to be via a form from the post office?

john_d:
so how do u apply for a digi card?

does it have to be via a form from the post office?

You can phone the DVLA on the number below or write/email DVLA for an application form, with the application form they will also send an information pack.

Application forms will be available from the DVLA, DVLA Local Offices and VOSA Testing Stations. Return the completed form with any relevant documentation [if applicable] and the fee to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1ST. You can also ring the dedicated DVLA phone line on 0870 8501074

There is an accompanying booklet to assist with the completion of the application form.

More information here.