How do I apply for a digi tacho card?

How do

Just wondering how i go about applying for a digicard? just passed my class 2 and thought i might as well get the ball rolling on this while i wait for my licence to get back so i can get my Mod 4 CPC

Found a form online but not sure whether i have to print it out and send it off or can apply for it elsewhere online

Halp please?

Hi,

I applied for mine last week. You have to print off the form, fill it in, and post it. There is no online option - DVLA still about a decade behind on this one.

If you don’t have a printer there is a number you can call and they’ll post the form out to you.

Dan.

Dan156:
Hi,

I applied for mine last week. You have to print off the form, fill it in, and post it. There is no online option - DVLA still about a decade behind on this one.

If you don’t have a printer there is a number you can call and they’ll post the form out to you.

Dan.

nice one buddy, cheers, I guessed this was the case, thanks very much :slight_smile:

It appears DVLA currently do not have a payment mechanism/structure in place at present to take payment. So currently you have no other option than post the form along with a cheque. I’m sure the move towards having an online licence and user account will EVENTUALLY include a a payment system… :unamused:

We can only hope! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Remember you can claim the cost of the digital tacho card against tax. Look for form P87 online if you don’t do self-assessment.

ORC:
Remember you can claim the cost of the digital tacho card against tax. Look for form P87 online if you don’t do self-assessment.

Im guessing that only applies if im self employed. Bit miffed you have to pay to change address on it as well as im moving in about 6 weeks :confused:

Thanks for the help

Edit: found out I dont need to pay to change address. :slight_smile:

chainmailguy:
Im guessing that only applies if im self employed.

No, HMRC says “Use form P87 if you’re an employee and want to claim tax relief on employment expenses you’ve paid during the tax year”. Your tacho card is a claimable expense regardless of how your working arrangements are structured. You can claim for any PPE equipment you buy too (hi-vis jacket, boots, gloves etc).

ORC:

chainmailguy:
Im guessing that only applies if im self employed.

No, HMRC says “Use form P87 if you’re an employee and want to claim tax relief on employment expenses you’ve paid during the tax year”. Your tacho card is a claimable expense regardless of how your working arrangements are structured. You can claim for any PPE equipment you buy too (hi-vis jacket, boots, gloves etc).

Thats pretty sweet. Nice one. Cheers for the info :slight_smile: sent off for my digicard earlier today. Really cant wait to be able to work. Got serious wanderlust now i have my new licence :confused: