Digital Tacho Application advice

Hi Guys

Obviously I want to get in the hot seat as quickly as I possibly can, but with it being the festive period I’m not entirely happy about sending £38 quid in the post in case it gets lost or stolen, so…

1. Does the application go to VOSA or DVLA? The reason I ask is I could check their opening hours and have it sent recorded delivery?
  2. Do you think it would be better to send it now or wait until the 2nd of January?

I’ve attached a scan of my application just to see if I’ve forgotten anything. Remember it’s an application for my first digi card. Also, on the back it was dated the 11-11-11 when I filled it out. Will this matter or will I need to fill out another application? Thinks that’s all at the moment, have I missed anything out?

removed image since the jokers are having their feast :wink:

Sam

Hi Sam. This ges sent to DVLA. There will be a table on the back of postcodes you have to use and just address it DVLA Swansea…I think. I sent mine recoreded delivery and it took around 2 and a half weeks to come back. It may take a bit longer over the festive season though. Hope this helps.

Hi Sam if u have a local dvla office u can hand it in they will take your cash there and they will send paperwork to appropriate place , check on info for sending payment I did not think you could send them cash in post think it has to be cheque not sure for new digi card but stop by your local vosa stn they may be able to take it there ,
Jenx

Jennie:
Hi Sam if u have a local dvla office u can hand it in they will take your cash there and they will send paperwork to appropriate place , check on info for sending payment I did not think you could send them cash in post think it has to be cheque not sure for new digi card but stop by your local vosa stn they may be able to take it there ,
Jenx

Cheque or Postal Order i believe Jennie, got a testing stn down the road will pop in there and see if they can do owt. Thanks :slight_smile:

I sent a postal order for mine made payable to “DVLA Swansea”
Got my card back 2 weeks later.
I also sent off for mine as soon as I got my C provisional, so I could get used to using it during the training.

You’ll get it within a couple of weeks.

Now, im off to buy things with your details.

stagedriver:

kinda hard matey.

Is your middle name really “Th”?

Sam Millar:

stagedriver:

kinda hard matey.

Not when you reverse the blur in Photoshop. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Mwahahahaha.

Thanks Sam, you just bought me a car :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Sam Millar:

stagedriver:

kinda hard matey.

Not when you reverse the blur in Photoshop. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well it doesn’t take a genius to do that but to actually obtain a card along the likes of that etc is pretty difficult, i studied things like this at school :wink:

stagedriver:
Mwahahahaha.

Thanks Sam, you just bought me a car :smiley:

You’re more stupid than I thought to admit it :wink: haha :slight_smile:

Sam Millar:
…to actually obtain a card along the likes of that etc is pretty difficult, i studied things like this at school

They teach you how to steal somebody’s identity at school now? When I was there it was all maths and English and boring stuff like that.