Moaning before i have even started

Passed my test 2 weeks ago. Sent of for my digi card and its still not here. I cant do a printout because i have no tacho number. I have worked hard to get this job… Come on d.v.l.a. How long does it normally take? :neutral_face: upto 15 working days but surly its usually quicker

You can use vehicles with analogue tacho but its illegal to drive a digi tacho vehicle without a current digicard unless an exemption applies

i know but the job has 11 & 12 plate trucks hence the need for the card :imp: just my luck

ROG:
You can use vehicles with analogue tacho but its illegal to drive a digi tacho vehicle without a current digicard unless an exemption applies

once you have an active digi card on the DVLA system, cant you do a printout while waiting for delivery?

Once you have an active digi card on the system you CANT drive without carrying said digi card without risking a 200 quid fine or so I keep being told

how i understand it. You have to revieve your first didgi card. If its lost, stolen, replacement then you can work for ypto 15 days and do printouts. This is my first. so get your digi card well n advance newbies

August is normally a bad month for licences & passports due to holidays.

Welcome to September - not too long to wait now.

forward planning helps :wink:

If you have LOST your tacho, you can do print outs. However as you have not received your very first tacho, you need to wait and cannot drive.

d4c24a:
forward planning helps :wink:

agreed :blush:

You should have sent off for it before, I sent off for mine at the same time as I applied for the provisional entitlement.

Also what about your DCPC card you can’t drive without that either (this is what held me back a week or 2)

Double Post

NewLad:
Also what about your DCPC card you can’t drive without that either (this is what held me back a week or 2)

Now I know you definitely can drive without the DQC if you have just passed…

Its like saying you cant drive without your licence because the examiner took it off you to send off, do you have to wait for the new licence from DVLA? NO! The test pass certificate is sufficient and I’m sure the same would apply with the DQC.

trubster:

NewLad:

Now I know you definitely can drive without the DQC if you have just passed…

Its like saying you cant drive without your licence because the examiner took it off you to send off, do you have to wait for the new licence from DVLA? NO! The test pass certificate is sufficient and I’m sure the same would apply with the DQC.

There is an exemption for not having a DQC in your possession if the reason is that you are waiting for it to arrive