Digital tacho card (if lost)

if driver lost card,he must make print out at the shift start and end,make manual entries.and 7 day time report to DVLA(don t drive more for 15 day)but my question.if driver lost card and driver 1-2 day with out card,and after he is found this card.can he care on use this card or not(if he was not reported to DVLA)■■?AND IF DRIVER drive with out card,make manual entrie.need report to company manadgers/bosses before shift start,or not

Andrejs:
if driver lost card,he must make print out at the shift start and end,make manual entries.and 7 day time report to DVLA(don t drive more for 15 day)but my question.if driver lost card and driver 1-2 day with out card,and after he is found this card.can he care on use this card or not(if he was not reported to DVLA)■■?AND IF DRIVER drive with out card,make manual entrie.need report to company manadgers/bosses before shift start,or not

personally i would have told t.o first morning i arrived for work without card ,i would then of reported[think you just send in form to request new one to dvla] ,no i wouldnt of reused card myself.

If find the card before you get round to reporting it then just start using it again and write an explanation on any printouts you made explaining the card has been found.

If you reported it lost before you find it then don’t use it as it will have been cancelled, continue with the printouts until the new card arrives.

Yes I would tell the boss before the shift the situation.

Note. If you turn up for work one day and have left your card at home you could decide it is ‘lost’ and do the printout thing. You have seven days to report the loss of the card so you are going to do it when you finish your shift. When you get home you ‘find’ the card so no need to report it lost after all. Explain the situation by writing on the printouts and then carry on as normal.

That isn’t really in the spirit of the law but it isn’t illegal either. You wouldn’t want to do it too many times but it could save you missing a shift or getting grief from the boss.